Are you looking for the ultimate source of Disney trivia questions?
If you're like us, then you're always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to test your knowledge of all things Disney.
Whether you're playing with friends and family or just want to see how much you really know about the House of Mouse, we've got you covered.
We have got 229 Disney trivia questions and answers for you to scroll through.
Yes, you read that right.
There are 229 questions on everything from classic Disney films to more recent releases, as well as some general questions about the company itself.
Before we dive into the questions, we just briefly want to tell you a little bit about Water Cooler Trivia.
If you want the best Disney trivia questions sent straight to your inbox, you need to check out Water Cooler Trivia.
Our experts have hand-picked the very best questions, so you don't need to waste your time searching.
Plus, we send new quizzes every week, so you'll always have access to fresh trivia.
At the click of a button, you can have Disney trivia questions delivered straight to your inbox.
How great is that?
If you're interested in giving Water Cooler Trivia a try, you can sign up for a four-week free trial.
That's pretty generous, right?
We want you to unlock the full potential of Water Cooler Trivia, so we're giving you a whole month to explore everything we have to offer.
It's much more than just a test drive.
The car is well and truly off the lot!
Now, let's get into the Disney trivia questions.
229 Disney Trivia Questions (Updated For 2022)
- In 2003, the American Film Institute released their list of the "100 Greatest Heroes & Villains" in movie history. Two of the Top 20 villains appeared in animated movies. With one guess, name either of these movies. Hint: neither of these villains were named. Answer: "Man" from Bambi and the Witch from Snow White
- What 24 year-old former Disney Channel child/tween star served as an executive producer for the Netflix TV show 13 Reasons Why? Answer: Selena Gomez
- Name the only dwarf in Snow White whose name doesn't include any of the letters in "Snow White." Answer: Grumpy
- The most Oscars ever won by an individual is 22. The most Oscar nominations ever received by an individual is 59. What 20th century American male holds both of these records? He was also inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame with two stars, one for his motion pictures and the other for his television work. Hint: it's not John Williams. Answer: Walt Disney
- What company purchased Marvel Comics for $4 billion in 2009? Answer: Disney
- What neighborhood in Brooklyn shares its name with an animated Disney film? Answer: Dumbo
- In June of 1956, what man visited Coney Island while working on a similar concept of his own on the country's opposite coast? Answer: Walt Disney
- What teen star launched her career with the 2008 Disney Channel television film "Camp Rock" before embarking on a music career with 7 Top-20 hits as of 2018 and a stint as a judge and mentor on "The X Factor"? Answer: Demi Lovato
- In what type of setting did Walt Disney's seven dwarfs work? Answer: Diamond Mine
- Although she had her own, live-action movie released in 2014, Maleficent initially appeared as the antagonist of what animated Disney movie? Answer: Sleeping Beauty
- The Walt Disney Company founded a professional sports franchise in 1993 and based the new team's name on a successful 1992 film. What sport did this team play? Answer: Hockey
- What is the name of the best selling video game franchise to come out of Disney's home-grown intellectual property (so we're ignoring Disney's purchase of Lucas Films)? Answer: Kingdom Hearts
- In the Little Mermaid, the two eel sidekicks of Ursula have names that are words often paired in English. Name one of these sidekicks. Answer: Flotsam and Jetsam
- What was the first Oscar nominee for Best Picture which was animated? Hint: this Disney movie predates Pixar's Toy Story, and features a mostly alliterative title. Answer: Beauty and the Beast
- Voiced by three different actors over the course of the movie, Flower is a friend of Bambi's and also what type of animal? Answer: Skunk
- "Mistress of Evil" is the subtitle of an October 2019 Disney film release which is a sequel to the 2014 live action film starring Angelina Jolie in the titular role as what Sleeping Beauty villain? Answer: Maleficent
- Unlike most Disney characters, Mickey Mouse's pet dog is not anthropomorphic beyond some facial expressions. What is the name of Mickey's dog that was first introduced in 1930? Answer: Pluto
- A spinoff of the Disney show "That's So Raven" was primarily set in the White House (especially the kitchen). What was the title of this show which aired between 2007-08? Answer: Corey in the House
- Although technically set in the fictional land of Arendelle, the art directors of the movie "Frozen" have spoken in detail about their inspiration stemming from a specific country. What country is this? Answer: Norway
- With the launch of Disney Plus in November 2019, Disney included the debut of a feature film that was a live action remake of what 1955 film set in an unnamed Midwestern town? Answer: Lady and the Tramp
- The 2009 Disney film "The Princess and the Frog" was loosely adapted from the novel "The Frog Princess" by E. D. Baker, which is in turn based on the Brothers Grimm fairy tale "The Frog Prince." In what city was this film set? Answer: New Orleans
- What classic literary villain, described as a “Machiavellian schemer and manipulator” shares his name with an avian sidekick in the Disney film "Aladdin?" Answer: Iago
- Which company has the following slogan? 'Where dreams come true.' Answer: Disney
- As of May 2020, the NBA announced that they are exploring partnerships with what major ticketed attraction where they may host a "campus" to play out the 2020 NBA Playoffs? Answer: Disney World
- At the 2010 Academy Awards, the winning film for Best Animated Feature was a Disney-Pixar film featuring Kevin, Charles Muntz, Carl, Russell, and a dog named Dug. What is this helium-inflated film? Answer: Up
- In the final episode of the first season of "The Mandalorian," a famous weapon is revealed when briefly seen in the hands of Moff Gideon. What is this weapon? Answer: The Darksaber
- Software developers at Disney created Hyperion, a program to produce more realistic animated scenes by determining the correct angle and intensity of light and shadows, that is Disney’s in-house version of what type of software? Answer: Renderer
- What American actor achieved fame with the Disney TV show "Even Stevens" before expanding his artistic career to include an appearance in a Sia music video and a mock-musical about himself? Answer: Shia LeBouf
- Also known as the "Shadow Man", who was the witch doctor villain in Disney’s 2009 animated film “The Princess and the Frog” who notably had "friends on the other side"? Answer: Dr. Facilier
- What man with a four-letter last name served as the CEO of Disney from 2005 to 2020? Answer: Bob Iger
- What 2010 Disney film reportedly had its title changed from "Rapunzel" to a different name in order to market the film gender-neutrally? Answer: Tangled
- Pongo and Perdita are the father and mother in what storied, famous, animated Disney film? Answer: 101 Dalmations
- Mary, John, and Michael Darling are all characters in what 1953 Disney film? Answer: Peter Pan
- In the 2020 Disney-Pixar film "Soul," the list of voice actors includes Jamie Foxx, Tina Fey, and Ahmir Khalib Thompson among others. By what name is that last voice actor better known? This Philadelphia-born man has featured as the drummer and co-frontman for The Roots since the 1990s. Answer: Questlove
- Din Djarin is the birth name of what title TV character, who made his screen debut in 2019 on Disney+? Answer: The Mandalorian
- What 1997 Disney film features Greek mythology and was determined by the UK Film Review site "Top 10 Films" to be the third most deadly Disney movie of all time with over 20,000 deaths? Answer: Hercules
- Rowan Atkinson is a British actor that is likely most well-known for playing Mr. Bean. He has also voiced characters in animated roles such as Zazu in what film? Answer: The Lion King
- Described on its own website as "Trucker's Disneyland," the "World's Largest Truckstop" includes eight restaurants, a chiropractor, and a barbershop. The complex is located off of I-80 near Walcott in what state? Answer: Iowa
- Jodi Benson, Christopher Daniel Barnes, and Pat Carroll are the three most prominent voice actors in what 1989 Disney animated film? Answer: The Little Mermaid
- Although Disney is of course famously associated with co-founder Walt Disney, what other man was the CEO of the company for more than four decades starting in the 1920s? Answer: Roy O Disney
- What cartoon is considered the debut of Mickey Mouse and one of the first cartoons ever to include a fully post-produced soundtrack? Answer: Steamboat Willie
- Elena Castillo Flores is the princess of what magical Disney kingdom that is reminiscent of Latin America? Answer: Avalor
- The gift of a two-story library from one title character to the other is a central moment in what 1991 Disney animated film? Answer: Beauty and the Beast
- "Olaf's Frozen Adventure" was a 22-minute-long, critically panned holiday-themed "short" film that was paired with what 2017 Oscar-winning Pixar movie? Answer: Coco
- Featuring Disney's first African-American princess, the 2009 film "The Princess and the Frog" takes place in what southern American city? Answer: New Orleans
- What is the name of the 2003 Disney Channel Original Movie that revolves around Alex Schlotsky and his Jewish basketball team coached by a former college basketball star? Answer: Full-Court Miracle
- Disney's official princesses include two redheads: Ariel of "The Little Mermaid" and Scottish lass Merida, from what 2012 film? Answer: Brave
- Deep-voiced actors Jeremy Irons in 1994, and Chiwetel Ejiofor in the 2019 remake, played what character in Disney's "The Lion King?" Answer: Scar
- "______ Allocation Load-Lifter: Earth-class" is technically the name of a beloved movie character from a 2008 film revolving around environmental, romantic, and technological themes. What word is missing from the blank? Answer: Waste
- Walt Disney received eight honorary Oscar awards for what 1937 film, the first full-length animated movie released by his studio? Answer: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- In all four Toy Story films, comedian Don Rickles provided the voice for what classic toy first introduced in 1952? Answer: Mr. Potato Head
- With a name that rhymes with "node," not "nod," what Los Angeles contemporary art museum is located just down the street from Walt Disney Concert Hall? Answer: The Broad
- Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany are the two stars of what television miniseries that debuted on Disney+ in 2021 and is considered the first flagship TV show for Marvel Studios? Answer: Wandavision
- Buckminster Fuller popularized the term "Spaceship Earth," as well as what type of structure EPCOT used for their Spaceship Earth ride? Answer: Geodesic dome
- The fictional gas brand Dinoco is featured in several Pixar films, including what 1995 movie that debuted Woody and Buzz Lightyear? Answer: Toy Story
- "When there's trouble, you call DW" was part of the theme song to what early-1990s show from the Disney Afternoon? Answer: Darkwing Duck
- The track "Bella Notte" from "Lady and the Tramp" is somewhat unsurprisingly named for a pair of Italian words that have what meaning in English? Answer: Beautiful Night
- Disney Cruise Line was first incorporated in 1996 and the company's first vessel was domiciled in London. What is the name of this first ship? Answer: Disney Magic
- Sharing his name with a Mozart opera character, what is the name of Geppetto's black-and-white pet cat in Disney's "Pinocchio?" Answer: Figaro
- What 2002 Disney animated film is a sci-fi adaptation of one of Robert Louis Stevenson's most famous adventure novels? (Name the movie, not the book.) Answer: Treasure Planet
- Shadow Man, Tiana, and Louis the Alligator are all characters in what 2009 animated Disney film? Answer: The Princess and the Frog
- Featured in Disney's "Fantasia," Igor Stravinsky's most famous ballet, which caused a riot at its 1913 premiere, is called "The Rite of" what season? Answer: spring
- In 2011, a Forbes magazine article declared what "DuckTales" protagonist to be the richest fictional character of all time? Answer: Scrooge McDuck
- What's the youngest of the four theme parks of Walt Disney World? Answer: Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Artist Al Hirschfeld's work influenced the design of what blue character featured in a 1992 Disney animated film? Answer: The Genie
- Which mid-90s Disney cartoon about a band of monsters gained a reputation for collecting many former Star Trek: The Next Generation actors in its cast? Answer: Gargoyles
- Comedian Jensen Karp went viral after allegedly finding sugar-covered remains of shrimp in his box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Shortly afterwards, social media platforms realized his wife was one of the stars of what hit 90s ABC/Disney teen series? Answer: Boy Meets World
- In 1979, Disney released what live action science fiction film starring Maximilian Schell? It is also the name of an object that emits radiation, as theorized by Stephen Hawking in 1974. Answer: The Black Hole
- In 2021, Disney Channel started airing the suspense/time travel series “Secrets Of ______ Springs”, starring Elle Graham and Kyliegh Curran. Fill in the blank, also an element with atomic number 16, sometimes referred to as brimstone. Answer: sulphur
- What Disney channel comedy show was created in 2001 by Terri Minsky, and was about the personal life of a titular teenage girl who sometimes had a cartoon version of herself act out her private thoughts? It featured Robert Carradine as the girl’s father. Answer: Lizzie McGuire
- What theme park, now a part of Disney World, was originally conceived as the "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow"? Answer: EPCOT
- Approximately 14,000 people have signed a petition for Disneyland to redo what log flume ride because it is themed after the problematic film "The Song of the South?" Answer: Splash Mountain
- A 1941 live action/animated hybrid Disney film about a man trying to get a cartoon made by the Walt Disney company, and meeting a lot of behind the scenes talent, is “The Reluctant ______”. Fill in the blank, also the species of Mushu in “Mulan.” Answer: Dragon
- “The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror” ride at Disneyland’s California Adventure was replaced in 2017 with “______: Mission Breakout”. Fill in the four word blank, also a popular franchise in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Answer: Guardians Of The Galaxy
- One of the earliest friends that Bambi makes after death of his mother in the 1942 animated classic, what is the name of the energetic rabbit with a propensity for heavily tapping his left hind foot? Answer: Thumper
- What Disney princess sings the song "Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale" while she's scrubbing floors for her stepmother and stepsisters? Answer: Cinderella
- What is the name of the oldest building in Disneyland that once served as the park's lumber mill? It now sits among the rest of Main Street's buildings as a tribute to Walt Disney's hometown of Marceline, Missouri. Answer: The Opera House
- Who is the Portland-raised actress and producer that is arguably most well-known for her seven-season run on Mad Men as well as roles in various feature films such as voice acting at Gabby Gabby in "Toy Story 4"? Answer: Christina Hendricks
- What Disneyland attraction, a fixture of Fantasyland since 1966, celebrates harmony between children throughout the planet, whose name comes from its earworm of a four-word song title? Answer: It's A Small World
- With the exception of the title character's sidekick, a chicken named Heihei, what 2016 Disney film cast its speaking roles with voice actors of Polynesian descent? Answer: Moana
- What “B” Isle in the Detroit River was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974? It shares its name with a Disney Princess of the 1990s. Answer: Belle
- In 2021, Disney released what live action crime comedy, whose title character is a younger version of a famous villain portrayed in a 1961 animated film and its 1996 live action remake? The movie’s title is the character’s first name, which seems to imply she is uncaring to suffering. Answer: Cruella
- A Marvel themed land within Disney’s California Adventure, as well as corresponding areas in Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong, launched in 2021 as Avengers ______. Fill in the blank, something you usually find at a college. Answer: Campus
- 2021 will see a spin-off series of “The Mandalorian” on Disney+, featuring Temuera Morrison’s Boba Fett and Ming-Na Wen’s Fennec Shand, called “The ______ Of Boba Fett”. Fill in the blank, a term used to describe Star Wars projects such as “Shadows Of The Empire” and “Dark Force Rising.” Answer: Book
- What is the name of the character from “Beauty In The Beast”, who after serving as the Beast’s majordomo, is turned into a sentient clock amidst the Beast’s curse? His name is in part a pun on the inner workings of his clock. Answer: Cogsworth
- What juvenile media franchise, centered on films created by Peter Barsocchini, is about the lives of Troy Bolton and Gabrielle Montez, and singing about their lives, among other things? It’s currently a Disney+ TV series co-starring Olivia Rodrigo. Answer: High School Musical
- What upcoming Disney+ series, being run by “Russian Doll” creator Leslye Headland, will show the rise of the dark force during Star Wars' High Republic era? Its “A” name refers to an assistant, often to a participant in a religious service. Answer: The Acolyte
- A Disney ride, given its current name in 1994, features futuristic vehicles “flying” around a central platform and is called “______ Orbiter.” Fill in the blank, also the singular of a baseball team in Houston, Texas. Answer: Astro Orbiter
- What 2018 Disney Channel Original Movie stars Meg Donnelly and Milo Manheim as a cheerleader and one of titular creatures, who team up to show the town the power of community? It takes real brains to remember there is a 2020 sequel. Answer: Zombies
- What magical space of 25,000 acres in Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake, Florida, is split into six distinct parks and 27 hotels? It was founded in 1971 as an expansion of a California location. Answer: Walt Disney World
- Exhibits from Monsanto, American Motors, and Dutch Boy Paint were part of the original 1955 incarnation of what future-oriented section of Disneyland? Answer: Tomorrowland
- What island in the Detroit River shares its name with the Disney Princess who starred in a 1991 animated film set in France? Answer: Belle Isle
- What 2010s Disney Channel sitcom was about kids PJ, Teddy, and Gabe, whose lives are made more difficult with the birth of a new baby? The title, which includes the baby’s name, is in reference to how hard it will be for the family to keep things together when Mom goes back to work. Answer: Good Luck Charlie
- Orlando is in the path of a 2021 tropical storm with what female name, also the name of Disney princess known for her magical ice powers? Answer: Tropical Storm Elsa
- Howard Ashman and Alan Mencken played themselves when "Under the Sea" won Best Original Song at the 89th Oscars over what other "Little Mermaid" song of theirs? Answer: Kiss the Girl
- What is the name of the Moff played by Giancarlo Esposito in the Disney+ series “The Mandalorian”, who seeks to rebuild the Galactic Empire by capturing the Baby Yoda known as Grogu? He shares a name with a biblical prophet known for his calling and later victory over the Midianites. Answer: Moff Gideon
- Odense, Denmark, is the hometown of what 19th century author, known for stories such as “The Nightingale” and “Thumbelina”? He’s particularly known for being the basis of multiple Disney franchises, with multiple films based on “The Snow Queen” alone. Answer: Hans Christian Andersen
- What iconic Disney ride, in which you go on a boat tour of an African safari and encounter a hippo among others, is now a feature film directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and co-starring The Rock? Answer: Jungle Cruise
- What character from Disney’s “Frozen”, a snowman magically brought to life, sings a song about how happy he would be “In Summer,” despite it being very clear the heat would melt him quickly? The “O” name comes from Old Norse, meaning something close to “ancestor.” Answer: Olaf
- What Disney princess, voiced as an adult by Anika Noni Rose in her 2009 film, is the first official African-American member of the Disney Princesses? Her name is derived appropriately from the Latin for “princess.” Answer: Tiana
- The Disney+ show “Loki” introduces the Marvel Cinematic Universe to a female variant of the Asgardian god of mischief, who goes by what “S” name? Answer: Sylvie
- Big Mama is the kindhearted owl who first finds Tod, an orphaned kit, in what 1981 Disney film whose title characters are best friends despite their species being natural enemies of each other? Answer: The Fox and the Hound
- A 2022 Disney+ series is expected to be the return of Obi-Wan Kenobi, specifically the version played by what actor, known for his performance in the Star Wars prequels, as well as “Trainspotting?” Answer: Ewan McGregor
- A massive solar farm meant to alleviate outages is being sold in blocks to what organization that manages Texas's electrical grid, and whose acronym is only one letter different than a certain futuristic Disney World theme park? Answer: ERCOT
- What MCU animated television, show, debuting on Disney+ in 2021, re-imagines various famous Marvel events with different outcomes? It was also a Marvel comic book with the same name. Answer: What If
- At Walt Disney World, you can take a 3D “Flight Of Passage” on the back of a banshee on a ride based on what highly profitable James Cameron film? Answer: Avatar
- October 1, 2021 is the start date of “Lego Star Wars: Terrifying ______”, a lego and Star Wars themed Halloween special, airing exclusively on Disney+. Fill in the one word plural blank, another word for stories, such as in the HBO anthology series “______ From The Crypt.” Answer: Tales
- From the ballet of the same name, the music of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky was adapted into songs including "Once Upon a Dream" for what classic 1959 Disney film? Answer: Sleeping Beauty
- Voiced by Wallace Shawn and introduced in the first film of the franchise in 1995, what is the name of Andy's anxious toy dinosaur in the "Toy Story" series? Answer: Rex
- Arlo is the titular apatosaurus in what 2015 Disney Pixar film that imagines an alternate universe in which creatures like him never became extinct? Answer: The Good Dinosaur
- From 1994 to 1997, Disneyland regularly ran a parade with African art-themed floats based on what animated film that was remade in 2019? Answer: The Lion King
- Which unpopular animated Disney film, based on Welsh mythology and featuring the Horned King, was edited two times to avoid earning an R rating from the Motion Picture Association of America? Answer: The Black Cauldron
- What "small" Disney animated film of 2005, with Zach Braff as the voice of the title farm bird, features a noisy antagonist named Goosey Loosey? Answer: Chicken Little
- In 2021, Disney World and Disneyland are replacing their line-skipping Fastpass program with a new program that shares what name with a Disney character played by Robin Williams and Will Smith? Answer: Genie
- The acclaimed ski resort town of Zermatt, Switzerland lies in the shadow of Monte Cervino, an Alpine mountain known in English by what Disney rollercoaster name? Answer: Matterhorn
- The 2020 live-action version of "Mulan" omitted what wisecracking dragon character, who was voiced by Eddie Murphy in the original 1998 animated film? Answer: Mushu
- What is the name of Ariel’s best fish friend in “The Little Mermaid,” a nervous yellow fish with blue trim? Answer: Flounder
- DNA testing of a stray hair proves that Alfredo Linguini is the son of the late chef Auguste Gusteau in what 2007 Disney-Pixar film? Answer: Ratatouille
- Formed in 2005, Nick, Joe, and Kevin form what family pop rock band that rose to popularity on the Disney Channel? Their songs include “X”, “Leave Before You Love Me”, and “Sucker.” Answer: Jonas Brothers
- A water park in Walt Disney World with an ice cave in Cross Country Creek is ______ Beach. Fill in the one word blank, an eye catching contradiction, as the beach is being juxtaposed with a word for a severe snowstorm. Answer: Blizzard Beach
- Variously featuring a brontosaurus or T.Rex in its logo, what is the six-letter name of the fictional company whose gas stations appear in Pixar's "Toy Story" and "Cars" franchises? Answer: Dinoco
- What actress was nominated for a 2021 Primetime Emmy for playing the title character in the MCU Disney+ series "WandaVision?" Answer: Elizabeth Olsen
- Disney World’s Animal Kingdom is home to a themed area named after what alien world, itself from a recent James Cameron film? The location shares its name with a streaming music app recently acquired by SiriusXM. Answer: Pandora - The World Of Avatar
- The first Asian woman to win a Tony Award, what Filipina "Miss Saigon" star also provided the singing voices for Disney's original Mulan and Jasmine? Answer: Lea Salonga
- A barbecue stand in Adventureland in Disneyland, known for its meat skewers, is ______ Barbecue. Fill in the one word blank, also the species of tiger that appears to be eating the sign outside of the stand. Answer: Bengal Barbecue
- What word is partially defined by MacMillan Dictionary as “a party or special event” and is a Floridian town originally built by the Walt Disney Company in 1994? Answer: Celebration
- What 2021 Disney+ series allows seven Japanese animation studios to bring their unique perspectives to the Star Wars universe, through short films? It is a plural word for seeing something concrete through a dream or trance. Answer: Star Wars: Visions
- Complete the official motto of The Bahamas: "Forward, Upward, ________, Together.” (Hint: It’s also the name of a 2020 animated Disney film featuring two elf brothers embarking on a mystical journey in a van named Guinevere.) Answer: Onward
- A 7,000 acre park in the Columbus suburb of Galloway, OH is known as Battelle ______ Creek Metro Park. Fill in the one word blank, also the first name of man named O’Gill who has to deal with the Little People in a 1959 Disney film. Answer: Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park
- In a 1953 Disney animated film, what titular character and the Darling children briefly land on the hour hand of Big Ben, before heading off on their adventure? Answer: Peter Pan
- In Disney's "Fantasia 2000," the story of Noah's Ark is recreated with what quack-tastic character as Noah's assistant in getting animals onto the ark? Answer: Donald Duck
- The title character, Basil of Baker Street, chases the evil Professor Ratigan inside Big Ben's tower in the climactic scene of what 1986 Disney animated film? Answer: The Great Mouse Detective
- The improbably named Cobra Bubbles is a social worker who used to be a CIA agent in what 2002 Disney animated film set in Hawaii? Answer: Lilo and Stitch
- Actually located in Utah, what high school served as the main setting of the 2006 Disney Channel original movie “High School Musical”? Answer: East High School
- The New York City Newsboys’ Strike of 1899 served as the inspiration for what musical film released by Disney in 1992? Answer: Newsies
- Known in French as “la rage”, what is the name of the viral disease that is derived from the Latin for “madness”? This disease features in a Disney movie of 1957 starring Tommy Kirk. Answer: Rabies
- An attraction in Hollywood Land in Disney’s California Adventure, as well as most other international Disney parks, where you can learn how to draw Disney characters and watch related cartoons, is Animation ______. Fill in the one word blank, also an “A” word for Plato’s school for skeptical philosophy in Ancient Greece. Answer: Animation Academy
- Olivia Rodrigo starred on what 2010s Disney Channel show about two friends, Paige and Frankie, who run a comedy video channel and go to work at Vuuugle Studios? Its name is like an odd version of a burrowing nocturnal African mammal, known for its long snout. Answer: Bizaardvark
- A beach community in Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica is Del ______ Beach. Fill in the one word blank, also the name of a Disney/Pixar movie about a young boy’s trip into the Mexican land of the dead. Answer: Del Coco Beach
- Three dairy cows try to protect their home, the Patch of Heaven farm, from creditors in what 2004 Disney animated film named for a classic country-western song? Answer: Home on the Range
- Led by their prima ballerina, Mlle. Upanova, a flock of ostriches puts on ballet shoes and dances to the music of Amilcare Ponchielli's "La Gioconda" in what 1940 Disney movie? Answer: Fantasia
- Spotted, striped and black are species belonging to which mammalian family? Members of this family, though dog-like in appearance, are more closely related to cats than dogs. In the Disney movie “The Lion King”, a character voiced by Whoopi Goldberg is a member of this family. Answer: Hyena
- Fans of what “B” Blue Heeler cartoon puppy, debuting in Australia in 2018 and later on Disney Junior, can get tiny figurines of the dog and his family? Answer: Bluey
- What character in “The Little Mermaid” is the king of Atlantica and is Ariel’s father? He shares his name with a Greek sea god, the son of Poseidon. Answer: King Triton
- What 2021 Disney animated film is about a family of Colombians who are gifted with magical powers, co-starring Lin-Manuel Miranda and Wilmer Valderrama? Its name is Spanish for “charm.” Answer: Encanto
- In 1997’s “Hercules”, James Woods plays what Greek god of the Underworld? His plot complicates the lives of the Hercules and Megara. Answer: Hades
- Gina Carano plays what rebel turned mercenary who often helps the titular bounty hunter on Disney+’s “The Mandalorian?” Her last name is the same as a different sci-fi franchise created by Frank Herbert. Answer: Cara Dune
- From its opening in April 1992 until May 1994, the Disney theme park now called Disneyland Paris was known by what continental name? Answer: Euro Disney
- Kathryn Hahn's exaggerated wink as witch Agatha Harkness on what Disney+ Marvel TV series became a top meme in 2021? Answer: WandaVision
- Filipina Lea Salonga has supplied the singing voice of two Disney princesses -- Mulan in 1998, and what princess who discovered "A Whole New World" in 1992's "Aladdin?" Answer: Princess Jasmine
- Cassian Andor, a Rebel intelligence officer and captain of the titular “Rogue One” in the 2016 film, as well as the star of the 2022 Disney+ show “Andor”, is played by what Mexican actor? He has also starred in such films as “Y tu mama tambien” and “Milk.” Answer: Diego Luna
- At Walt Disney World, what Toy Story character offers to take patrons on a “Space Ranger Spin?” Answer: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- An opera buffa in four acts, composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1786, with libretto by Lorenzo Da Ponte, is “The Marriage Of ______.” Fill in the one word blank, also the name of the cat in Disney’s “Pinocchio.” Answer: The Marriage Of Figaro
- Played by Dylan and Cole Sprouse, the title characters of what 2000s Disney Channel sitcom live at Boston's fictional Tipton Hotel, where their mom performs as a lounge singer? Answer: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
- Owl City is an electronic music project featured on the soundtrack of what 2012 Disney animated film about a video game character who's tired of always playing the bad guy against Fix-It Felix? Answer: Wreck-It Ralph
- “Hawkeye” on Disney+ saw the official introduction of what crime boss character, played by Vincent D’Onofrio, to the MCU, after he played the same character on the Netflix “Daredevil” show? Real name Wilson Fisk, the character’s nickname is a word meaning a person essential to an organization. Answer: Kingpin
- Originally run in 2019 and revived in 2021 at Disneyland Paris, "Rhythms of the Pride Lands" is one of the the many live-show spinoffs of what Disney animated film? Answer: The Lion King
- What “T” mouse with a Brooklyn accent is the guardian and mentor of “Dumbo” in his 1941 Disney cartoon? His name is also the full name of the Tiny sickly child of Bob Cratchit in “A Christmas Carol.” Answer: Timothy Mouse
- A classic roller coaster, known for its bright orange rocks, its old western theme, and its winding high speed route at both Disneyland and Disney World, is Big ______ Mountain Railroad. Fill in the one word blank, a byproduct of lightning. Answer: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- What 2022 CGI Disney-Pixar film, released on Disney+, is about a 13 year old Chinese girl who transforms into a certain kind of panda when she gets stressed? It is directed by Domee Shi, and stars Rosalie Chiang and James Hong. Answer: Turning Red
- "Golden Receiver," "World Pup," and "Seventh Inning Fetch" are spinoffs and sequels of what 1997 live-action Disney film whose title character plays basketball? Answer: Air Bud
- That Disney World singular soft serve sensation, the Dole Whip originally came in what tropical flavor? Answer: Pineapple
- What "x-traordinary" superhero team, who had an eight-movie series that spanned 20 years and ended with "New Mutants," can now become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, thanks to Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox? Answer: X-men
- What 1959 Disney animated film classic features Aurora as the titular princess? She falls in love with Prince Phillip. Answer: Sleeping Beauty
- A baby boomer might remember that Hayley Mills played both identical twins in the 1961 version of Disney's “The ______”, a two-word title that sounds like a way of capturing a mother or father. Answer: The Parent Trap
- The soundtrack of which movie of 1992 includes songs entitled “Friend Like Me” and “Prince Ali?” Answer: Aladdin
- Lee Thompson Young played a teenage star of a secret agent show who wants a normal life in the late 90’s/early 2000’s Disney show “The Famous Jett ______.” Fill in the one word blank, a common “J” last name also used by singer Michael and 7th U.S. president Andrew. Answer: The Famous Jett Jackson
- Bucky Barnes, who now has his own Disney+ show alongside The Falcon, is known by what two-word superhero name? Answer: Winter Soldier
- A ride in Disney World’s Animal Kingdom that simulates an open-sided safari ride through the savanna of East Africa is ______ Safaris. Fill in the one word “K” blank, the name of a volcano in Tanzania which is the highest single free-standing mountain above sea level in the world. Answer: Kilimanjaro Safaris
- In what city is the European Disney theme park located? Answer: Paris
- Lady Kluck is a supporting character in which 1973 Disney movie based on an English folk tale? Answer: Robin Hood
- A Star Wars-themed luxury hotel located near Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World is ______ Starcruiser. Fill in the one word “G” blank, an adjective applying to large systems of stars, such as the Milky Way. Answer: Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- Which American singer-songwriter, nicknamed the “Piano Man”, provided the voice of Dodger in the 1988 Disney movie “Oliver & Company?” Answer: Billy Joel
- What fragrant flowering vine shares it name with a Disney princess? Answer: Jasmine
- What is the only Disney Pixar animated feature film (as of 2022) set in Scotland? Answer: Brave
- 2022 saw the MCU debut, on Disney+, of what lunar anti-hero, played by Oscar Isaac, a white-clad hero struggling with mental issues and his connection to an Egyptian god? Answer: Moon Knight
- Fans can buy a dollhouse set of the Casa Madrigal, from what 2021 Disney feature film? Answer: Encanto
- Whose castle is the flagship attraction of Tokyo Disneyland? Answer: Cinderella
- When you look at the alphabetized list of the seven dwarfs from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleepy is listed sixth. Which dwarf is seventh on the list? Answer: Sneezy
- A sequel series to “That’s So Raven”, Raven-Symone reprises her role as Raven Baxter, now a divorced mother of two who still has psychic premonitions, on the Disney Channel’s “Raven’s ______.” Fill in the one word blank, which according to proverb is where the heart is. Answer: Raven's Home
- What internationally award-winning preschool program, shown in the U.S. on Disney Junior, includes a polar bear named Captain Barnacles, and teaches children about ocean life? Answer: Octonauts
- What theme park, meant to rival Disneyland, opened in 1958 in Santa Monica, CA, and boasted a host of attractions, including a sea circus, a simulated submarine voyage, diving bells, and an ocean skyway with suspended gondolas that took passengers a half-mile out to sea? The park shut down in 1967 after long-term construction in the area made it difficult for guests to reach the park. Answer: Pacific Ocean Park
- What other Disney film besides "Sleeping Beauty" involves a sleeping princesses under an evil spell? Answer: Snow White
- “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” was a very popular song from 2021’s “Encanto”, written by what popular songwriter who created the musicals “In The Heights” and “Hamilton?” Answer: Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Who plays Hawkeye's new sidekick, Kate Bishop, in the Disney + series, "Hawkeye?" Answer: Hailee Steinfeld
- Which iconic character did Walt Disney plan to call Mortimer before being persuaded by his wife to change the character’s name to that he is known by today? Answer: Mickey Mouse
- Sung by Julie Andrews, "Feed the Birds (Tuppence a Bag)" is a song from what classic Disney movie musical of 1964? Answer: Mary Poppins
- In the 2014 Disney sports movie “Million Dollar Arm,” two Indian cricket players are recruited to play baseball by an agent portrayed by what American actor, best known for playing Don Draper on “Mad Men?” Answer: Jon Hamm
- A museum in Las Vegas, housed in a supposedly ghost-ridden mansion with 30 spooky rooms, is Zak Bagans’ The ______ Museum. Fill in the one word “H” blank, the same adjective given to the ghost-ridden Mansion ride at Disney parks. Answer: Zak Bagans' The Haunted Museum
- Marvel and Disney+’s “Moon Knight” features a villainous turn from what actor as Arthur Harrow? He is better known to traditional film fans for starring in Richard Linklater’s “Before Sunrise” and in 2001’s “Training Day” opposite Denzel Washington. Answer: Ethan Hawke
- What is the idyllic-sounding name of the starcruiser where you can have a two-night immersive experience at Walt Disney World Florida, including lightsaber lessons and a view of space from your cabin? Answer: Halcyon
- What is the name of the iconic insect who sings “When You Wish Upon a Star” in the 1940 animated film Pinocchio? Two-word answer required. Answer: Jiminy Cricket
- Noted animation writer and director Brad Bird helmed what 2004 Pixar film whose title characters include the superhero members of the Parr family? Answer: The Incredibles
- A streaming sitcom, available on Peacock in the US and All 4 in the UK, about an all-female Muslim punk band, is known as “We Are ______ Parts.” Fill in the one word “L” blank, also the name of a dog who falls in love with Tramp in a Disney animated classic. Answer: We Are Lady Parts
- While King Richard is off fighting in the Crusades, Prince John makes mischief for the title character and his friends in what 1973 animated Disney film? Answer: Robin Hood
- Mickey Mouse might be his most famous cartoon, but he wasn’t Walt Disney’s first original character. Which animal was Disney's “lucky” Oswald? Answer: Rabbit
- Which Disney Princess was the first female fictional character to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Answer: Snow White
- “Fantasound” was a new audio production system crafted by Disney engineers for which 1940 film? Answer: Fantasia
- In “The Little Mermaid,” the character of Ursula was written with hopes that which “Golden Girls” actress would lend her voice? (Spoiler: She turned down the role). Answer: Bea Arthur
- Released in 1994 and considered a key player in the “Disney Renaissance,” which movie became the highest-grossing traditionally animated film in history? Answer: The Lion King
- After she was romanced by a ghost, but before she joined the Navy, which actress voiced Esmerelda in “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” (1996)? Answer: Demi Moore
- In 2006, which Disney Pixar animated film did Hollywood star, racecar driver, and salad dressing philanthropist Paul Newman lend his voice to? Answer: Cars
- Artists working on “101 Dalmations” (1961) were faced with the challenge of animating hundreds of pups. Which brand of copying machine technology saved them time and money? Answer: Xerox
- The famous “torch-carrying lady” in the Columbia Pictures logo is rumored to be based on American actress Evelyn Venable. She was for sure the live-action model and voice actor for The Blue Fairy in which Disney animated film? Answer: Pinocchio
- After seeing her on Broadway, Walt Disney wanted to cast Julie Andrews in his next live-action film. Not only was it Andrews’ first movie, but she went on to get her first Academy Award nomination—and Oscar win—for the role. What was the name of the 1964 film? Answer: Mary Poppins
- Thanks to a product placement agreement with Nabisco, cookies play a memorable role in two versions of a Disney classic. In the original 1961 film, the girls share some Fig Newtons. In the 1998 remake, it’s Oreos (with peanut butter). Answer: The Parent Trap
- Which 2003 fish flick was the first Pixar film to have a scene after the credits? Answer: Finding Nemo
- Before they starred together in “Frozen,” Idina Menzel and Kristin Bell both auditioned to voice the long-haired lead in which 2010 Disney film? Answer: Tangled
- In “Hercules” (1997), Hades’ pair of shape-shifting minions are named Pain and ______? Answer: Panic
- To give the 1995 animated film a more serious tone, Disney cut all of Meeko and Flit's lines. The raccoon-hummingbird duo was seen (if not heard) in which Disney movie? Answer: Pocahontas
- Sharing his name with an element having the atomic number 29, what is the name of the titular dog in Disney’s “The Fox and the Hound?” Answer: Copper
- Before she starred in Disney’s live-action remake of “Cinderella” in 2015, Lily James played Lady Rose in which period drama? Answer: Downton Abbey
- It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3! The "Big Three" U.S. commercial broadcast television networks are CBS, NBC, and what Disney-owned third network? Answer: ABC
- According to Peter Pan, “all you need is faith, trust, and a little ______.” Answer: Pixie Dust
- You might remember her as Lizzie McGuire, but which Disney star transitioned to pop princess with her 2003 album “Metamorphosis,” which featured bonafide bops like “So Yesterday” and “Come Clean?” Answer: Hilary Duff
- They had to pass up the roles because of scheduling conflicts, but The Spice Girls were originally set to voice Greek goddesses (The Muses) in which 1997 Disney animated film? Answer: Hercules
- What Canadian actor, who played the young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episodes II and III, came back to play Darth Vader in the 2022 Disney+ miniseries "Obi-Wan Kenobi?" Answer: Hayden Christensen
- Which actor regretted passing up the chance to voice Buzz Lightyear in “Toy Story” so much that he didn’t hesitate when John Lasseter asked him to voice Mike in “Monsters, Inc.?” Answer: Billy Crystal
- Shades of Green is a Disney World resort that caters to members of what specialized profession? Answer: Armed Forces / Military
- Voiced by John Travolta, the title character of what 2008 Disney animated film is a white dog with a lightning-shaped marking on his coat? Answer: Bolt
- When it was released in 2010, which Disney animated film about a long-haired girl became the first princess film of the franchise to get a PG rating? Answer: Tangled
- He won a record 26 Academy Awards, and was the first person to receive a star on the Anaheim Walk of Stars, but whose other claim to fame was creating the "Scoopy Bee" mascot used by The Sacramento Bee? Answer: Walt Disney
- What is the name of the Beauty and the Beast character who has been transformed into a three-armed candelabra whose name means “light” in French? Answer: Lumiere
- Emeryville is home to which Disney-owned animation studio known for “Toy Story,” “Monsters Inc.,” “Finding Nemo,” and “Up?” Answer: Pixar
- Which 1970 Disney animated musical about some felines living the high life in Paris and featured the voice acting of Eva Gabor and Phil Harris? Answer: The Aristocats
- In 1991’s “Beauty and the Beast,” Angela Lansbury (a Brit who surely knows how to make a proper “cuppa") lent her voice to which tea-themed character? Answer: Mrs Potts
- Performed by Huey Lewis, "Once Upon a Time in New York City" is the opening song of what 1988 Disney animated film that's based on a Charles Dickens novel? Answer: Oliver & Company
- Despite being the title character, what Disney animal has no speaking lines throughout the film? The film clocks in at just over one hour long, making it one of Disney's shortest feature films. Answer: Dumbo
- The last 2D animated Disney film, released in 2011, was the fifth feature-film adaptation made by Disney of what beloved children's story about the inhabitants of the Hundred Acre Wood? Answer: Winnie the Pooh
What makes Disney movie trivia so engaging?
For many of us, Disney films were a huge part of our childhood.
We watched them over and over again, memorizing every word of the songs and crying every time Mufasa died.
Or was it just us?
As we've grown up, our love for Disney movies has only intensified.
We now appreciate the incredible detail that goes into every frame of these films.
All of this makes Disney movie trivia even more enjoyable.
We can test our knowledge of these films and see just how much we remember from our childhood viewing sessions.
What's more, Disney movie trivia is the perfect way to bond with friends and family who share your love for these films.
Where can you find the best Disney trivia for kids?
Water Cooler Trivia, of course!
We have specifically tailored quizzes for kids that are both fun and educational.
Our Disney trivia for kids covers a range of topics, from classic films like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to more recent releases such as Frozen.
At the same time, they are equally perfect for fully-grown adults.
Get started with a free four-week trial today!