Are you looking for the ultimate source of Marvel trivia questions?
If you're like us, you love a good Marvel movie.
But how much do you really know about the cinematic universe as a whole?
We have got 152 Marvel trivia questions and answers for you to scratch your head over.
With 152 questions and answers, this is the most comprehensive list of Marvel trivia on the internet.
Okay, maybe not the most comprehensive, but it's still pretty darn good.
From Iron Man to Doctor Strange, these questions will test your knowledge of the MCU.
So, without further ado, let's get stuck in!
Oh, wait, hold up!
We almost forgot.
Before we dive into the questions, we want to tell you a little bit about Water Cooler Trivia.
If you want Marvel trivia quizzes delivered straight to your inbox, you need access to Water Cooler Trivia.
Our comic book trivia nerds have hand-picked the best Marvel questions, so you don't need to!
We can send new trivia quizzes every week, straight to your inbox.
With the speed at which Marvel is releasing new movies and shows, we have to keep our trivia game on-point.
You can have Marvel trivia questions delivered straight to your inbox at the click of a button.
If you're ready to give Water Cooler Trivia a try, you can sign up for a four-week free trial.
That's right, a whole month.
Now, let's dive into the Marvel trivia questions.
152 Marvel Trivia Questions (From Across The Multiverse)
- What company purchased Marvel Comics for $4 billion in 2009? Answer: Disney
- Who was Elvis Presley's favorite comic book superhero? The character shared part of his name with the today's most iconic comic book company. Answer: Captain Marvel Jr.
- What fictional East African country in the Marvel Universe is home to the Black Panther? Answer: Wakanda
- What famous filmmaker behind "Patton" and "The Godfather" received his middle name because of the car company that sponsored the radio show where his father worked? Answer: Francis Ford Coppola
- What five-letter food word with origins on the Indian subcontinent technically refers to a cutlet of meat, but is now popularly used to describe the marinade in which the meat is soaked? The term is even used to describe vegetarian alternatives to the item, and the chicken preparation of this word is one of the most popular dishes in the United Kingdom. Answer: Tikka
- Stan Lee had dozens of cameos in films created by what iconic brand? Lee himself famously created many of the characters that the brand leverages. Answer: Marvel
- Despite most iterations of Spiderman depicting the NYC borough of Queens as Spidey's home, the 2018 animated film "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" featured what other borough as the home of the costumed protagonist? Answer: Brooklyn
- Chadwick Boseman starred in what 2018 Marvel film directed by Ryan Coogler? Answer: Black Panther
- Iron Man is famously known as the first movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. What Louis Leterrier-directed film was the second? It was released only six weeks after Iron Man. Answer: The Incredible Hulk
- New Zealander Taika Waititi has only directed one film which he did not write. It was a Marvel Cinematic Universe film. What's the film? Answer: Thor: Ragnarok
- Kaecilius, The Ancient One, and Dr. Nicodemus West are all characters in what 2016 Marvel movie? Answer: Doctor Strange
- There is a horseshoe-shaped cantilever bridge with a glass walkway in the U.S. that opened to the general public in 2007. It is popularly deemed a "Skywalk." Where will you find this engineering marvel? We're looking for a specific place, not just a state. Answer: Grand Canyon
- The shield of Captain America is forged from an alloy of steel and what other fictional metal that is mined only in Wakanda? Answer: Vibranium
- As of June 2020, there is one movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that features Washington DC as a prominent setting in the film. On-site filming took place at the National Mall, the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, the Willard Hotel, and Dupont Circle. What is this 2014 film? Answer: Captain America: The Winter Solider
- At the end of the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie, what song does Baby Groot dance to? This song was the first nationally-released single by a well known family group. Answer: I Want You Back by the Jackson Five
- Sacramento native Brie Larson starred as Captain Marvel in the 2019 Marvel film of the same name. What is her Earthly or Kree name in the film? Answer: Carol Danvers or Vers
- What is the alliterative name of the subatomic structures that Ant-Man uses in order to alter his size? They are named after their creator. Answer: Pym particles
- Blue Swede is the artist behind what one-hit wonder 80s song that featured prominently in "Guardians of the Galaxy"? Answer: Hooked on a Feeling
- How did Tony Stark’s parents tragically die? Answer: Car crash
- What is the real name of the Scarlet Witch, portrayed by Elizabeth Olsen in “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron”? Answer: Wanda Maximoff
- What female-led Marvel movie was the last film to be released before Avengers: Endgame? Answer: Captain Marvel
- Which brotherly pairing has directed four Marvel films so far: "Captain America: Winter Soldier", "Captain America: Civil War", "Avengers: Infinity War," and "Avengers: Endgame?" Answer: The Russo Brothers
- Translated in English as "the Committee for State Security," what secret police force was a former employer of Natasha Romanoff a.k.a. Black Widow? Answer: KGB
- "O-o-h Child" by The Five Stairsteps is a 1970 soul song that features prominently in the finale of which Marvel film? Answer: "Guardians of the Galaxy"
- T'Challa is a Marvel Comics character created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. T'Challa is most often known by the name of his alter ego. What is this alter ego? Answer: Black Panther
- In February 2015, Marvel Studios announced that they had reached a licensing deal that would allow Spider-Man to appear in the MCU. What company had Marvel reached this agreement with? Answer: Sony Pictures Entertainment
- The Warriors Three are a group of supporting characters that have appeared in all three Marvel Cinematic Universe films dedicated to what hero? Answer: Thor
- According to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, two of the primary Avengers were born in New York City. Tony Stark was born in Manhattan, and what other character was born in Brooklyn? Answer: Captain America
- What is the name of the web series for Hulu set in the MCU which featured six teenagers from different backgrouds? The teens were Rhenzy Feliz, Lyrica Okano, Virginia Gardner, Ariela Barer, Gregg Sulkin, and Allegra Acosta. Answer: Runaways
- In the first of The Avengers movies, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, Iron Man and what other member of the group defend New York City against the Chitauri while evacuating civilians? Answer: Hawkeye
- In which Marvel movie does the villain Mandarin commit a string of bombings that confuse intelligence agencies due to a lack of forensic evidence? Answer: Iron Man 3
- Beginning in 2016 and ending in 2019, Marvel's "Phase Three" included 11 different films and had one man listed as a producer on all 11. Who is this man? Note, he did have co-producers on a few of the films. Answer: Kevin Feige
- In what film (planned to be the 24th in the Marvel Cinematic Universe) is there an expectation that Scarlett Johansson's character will "hand the baton" to Florence Pugh's character? Answer: Black Widow
- Known in part for playing the character of Wolverine over an 18-year span along with hosting the Tony Awards four times, what British-Australian actor and singer also taught physical education for a year in Uppingham School in England while he was still a teenager? Answer: Hugh Jackman
- Despite being named "Endgame", it was not in fact the final film in Marvel's "Phase Three" of MCU films. What film was the final film in this series of superhero movies? Answer: Spider-Man: Far from Home
- Before being replaced by Mark Ruffalo starting with The Avengers in 2012, what other actor first played the Hulk in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Answer: Edward Norton
- Post "Endgame," the Marvel Cinematic Universe is now entering its "Phase Four" which includes what film with a single-word title that typically means multiple things that are lasting forever without end? Answer: Eternals
- "Quantumania" is the subtitle of a planned 2022 Marvel Cinematic Universe starring which TWO Marvel heroes? Answer: Ant-Man and the Wasp
- What major American city was the site of most of the principal photography for Black Panther and is also the planned film location for the sequel (due to be released in 2022)? Answer: Atlanta
- Scarlet Johansson's Black Widow character will be receiving a "solo film" in 2021 after the planned 2020 release was delayed due to COVID-19. What was the FIRST Marvel film in which Johansson's character appeared? Answer: Iron Man 2
- English actress Sophie Turner played both Sansa Stark on "Game of Thrones" and the title character of what 2019 X-Men movie? Answer: Dark Phoenix
- Matt Murdock is the secret identity of what famous Marvel superhero? Answer: Daredevil
- Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany are the two stars of what television miniseries that debuted on Disney+ in 2021 and is considered the first flagship TV show for Marvel Studios? Answer: Wandavision
- Played by Letitia Wright, what character, the sister of King T'Challa, is rumored to be the next Black Panther in future films of the franchise? Answer: Shuri
- The H in Tony Stark's acronymic EDITH glasses stands for what word associated with every MCU movie? Answer: Hero
- Tony Stark tries on his magnanimous dude persona at the start of "Captain America: Civil War" by funding all student projects at what New England school? Answer: MIT
- Involving three helicarriers that would patrol Earth, what was the name of the S.H.I.E.L.D. operation that was initiated in direct response to the Battle of New York? Answer: Project Insight
- The sworn enemy of Professor X, which iron-willed Marvel supervillain is known for his purple garb and metal helmet? Answer: Magneto
- What is the name of the 1960s sitcom with a namesake star best known for his portrayal of a chimney sweep with a British accent? The show was an aesthetic inspiration for the first episode of 2021's WandaVision Answer: The Dick Van Dyke Show
- After T'Challa is handily beaten during a dust-up with Killmonger, he's nursed back to health by what rival mountain tribe? Answer: Jabari
- This superhero made his MCU debut in the post-credits scene of the film, Guardians of the Galaxy. What is the name of the anthropomorphic water-fowl known for his satire and prowess in Quak-Fu? Answer: Howard the Duck
- Aside from his tenure as Falcon, in 2014 Sam Wilson suited up as an "All-New" version of what Avenger? Answer: Captain America
- Samuel Jackson got digitally de-aged for what superhero movie that anagrams to "Valiant Camper"? Answer: Captain Marvel
- Aside from Thor and Captain America, which superhero (not villain) in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was proven worthy to wield Thor’s hammer (Mjolnir)? Answer: Vision
- During the "DC versus Marvel Comics" crossover event, who dropped a whale on the Sub-Mariner? Answer: Aquaman
- On "The Muppet Show," what Muppet is known for his hooked nose, blue fur, yellow eyebrows, and his love of performing daredevil stunts? Answer: Gonzo
- Scott Lang is the alter ego of what incredible shrinking superhero played by Paul Rudd in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Answer: Ant-Man
- In 2019, writer Jonathan Hickman relaunched and relocated one of Marvel’s prominent superhero teams to the fictional island paradise of Krakoa. What back-of-the-alphabet team got this makeover? Answer: X-Men
- What man, an expert in the field of gamma radiation, is one of the most educated people in the Marvel universe, with seven Ph.D.s to his name, despite the fact that his alter ego The Hulk is more brawn than brains? Answer: Bruce Banner
- In “Iron Man” (2008), Tony Stark is captured by a terrorist organization called ______ Rings. Fill in the blank, a number which is a reference to the amount of rings the Mandarin wore in the comics. The number is also the number of United States president that John Tyler was. Answer: Ten
- There's an extremely popular and durable meme which features two superheroes pointing at each other. This image comes from episode 19b from a 1967 episode of animated television. Who is the hero in this popular meme? Answer: Spiderman
- What is the full name of the ocular relic, worn by Doctor Strange in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which was created by the first Sorcerer Supreme to be used as a containment device for the Time Stone? Answer: Eye of Agamotto
- “The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror” ride at Disneyland’s California Adventure was replaced in 2017 with “______: Mission Breakout”. Fill in the four word blank, also a popular franchise in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Answer: Guardians Of The Galaxy
- In 2014’s “Guardians Of The Galaxy”, what does Groot say after surrounding the team in a giant ball of his own wood to keep them safe, and Rocket Raccoon points out that doing this is going to kill the big tree guy? It is a slight alteration to his more iconic, perpetually repeated, phrase. Answer: We Are Groot
- Actor Clark Gregg portrays what Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. who (as of May 2021) has died seven times in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Answer: Phil Coulson
- What adorable orange tabby cat, first seen in “Captain Marvel” (2019), is actually a Flerken, a tentacled alien that can eat people it doesn’t like? Its name, that of an unrelated animal, seems like a nod to the “Top Gun”-esque fighter pilot action seen throughout the movie. Answer: Goose
- During the Battle Of Earth between MCU heroes and Thanos’ forces in "Avengers: Endgame", what character made a surprise appearance as Rescue, a battle armor created by Stark Industries? She had a vested interest in saving at least one Avenger. Answer: Pepper Potts
- In 2021, Marvel Comics launched a Star Wars comic series called “War Of The ______”, about Boba Fett’s transit of Han Solo’s carbonite frozen body. Fill in the two word blank, which could also refer to Jango Fett and Bossk, among others. Answer: Bounty Hunters
- In 2008’s “Iron Man”, Jeff Bridges plays what Stark Industries CEO and mentor to Tony with an “S” last name? Near the end of the movie he wears an armor of his own design, the Iron Monger. Answer: obadiah stane
- Featuring more than 900 varieties of plants and designated a National Historic Site of Canada, Butchart Gardens is a horticultural marvel located on Vancouver Island in what province? Answer: British Columbia
- A Marvel themed land within Disney’s California Adventure, as well as corresponding areas in Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong, launched in 2021 as Avengers ______. Fill in the blank, something you usually find at a college. Answer: Campus
- The MCU show “Loki” introduced the world to the world authority on the time stream, known by what three-letter acronym? The acronym shares its name with a federal project to provide electricity, aid, and jobs to Tennessee, created in 1933 by FDR and still under operation. Answer: TVA
- A popular meme format is an anime character marveling at the arrival of what insect of the order Lepidoptera, with big colorful wings? The text “is this a ______?” often sees the blank replaced with a misinterpretation of whatever revelation the meme maker is talking about. Answer: Butterfly
- On top of directing Iron Man in multiple MCU films, Jon Favreau also played what chauffeur, body guard, and confidant to Tony Stark? In the comics, his nickname came from an ironic joke on his surly demeanor. Answer: Happy Hogan
- In “Captain America: The First Avenger”, Johann Schmidt is the head of HYDRA and a Nazi soldier, better known by colorfully anatomic name? Played by Hugo Weaving, he was later the guardian of the soul stone in “Infinity War” and “Endgame.” Answer: Red Skull
- In the “Thor” films of the MCU, what Norse goddess and warrior friend of Thor was played by Jamie Alexander? She battled alongside Thor in Vanaheim at the beginning of “Thor: The Dark World.” Answer: Lady Sif
- They all work out, but Gamora compares which Avenger's muscles to Cotati metal fibers? Answer: Thor
- In "Black Widow," Red Guardian has knuckle tattoos aptly spelling out the name of what "Communist Manifesto" writer? Answer: Karl Marx
- The Disney+ show “Loki” introduces the Marvel Cinematic Universe to a female variant of the Asgardian god of mischief, who goes by what “S” name? Answer: Sylvie
- What Marvel Cinematic Universe actor's name happens to anagram to CHEW HISS, MR THOR? Answer: Chris Hemsworth
- In “Captain America: The First Avenger”, Stanley Tucci plays ______ Erskine, inventor of the Super Soldier serum. Fill in the “A” first name, also the first name of the 16th US president. Answer: Abraham Erskine
- What Marvel “master of Kung Fu” will be introduced to MCU audiences by Simu Liu in a 2021 film directed by Destin Daniel Cretton? Answer: Shang-Chi
- What MCU animated television, show, debuting on Disney+ in 2021, re-imagines various famous Marvel events with different outcomes? It was also a Marvel comic book with the same name. Answer: What If
- In “Spider-Man: Homecoming”, Michael Keaton plays Adrian Toomes, a small time criminal who expands his operation by becoming what flying supervillain? He shares his name with a “V”ery pop culture publication. Answer: Vulture
- "You don't need to be afraid unless you're a pair of scissors." That was an introductory rock-paper-scissors joke from what Taika Waititi-voiced warrior? Answer: Korg
- The super-multiversey "Spider-Man: No Way Home" trailer teased the Sony to MCU crossover of Alfred Molina as what well-armed nemesis? Answer: Doctor Octopus
- In “The Incredible Hulk,” Russian agent Emil Blonsky, played by Tim Roth, takes a serum to become what large grotesque monster? Its appropriate he’s kind of ugly, as his name is a word meaning “thing that causes disgust.” Answer: Abomination
- Simu Liu saves the world wearing a dragon scale vest and Air Jordans, as what hero introduced to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2021? Answer: Shang-Chi
- Which Marvel sorcerer almost inspired the director of Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street, Wes Craven, to create a horror film around the character in 1992? Answer: Dr. Strange
- Cap and Iron Man go from frenemy to enemy, Winter Soldier gets left in the cold, and T'Challa loses his papa: these events result from the "Accords" named for what fictional Eastern European country? Answer: Sokovia
- Hasbro makes a line of collectible Marvel action figures, often specific variants of existing toys, called Marvel ______s. Fill in the one word blank, a word for extremely famous or notorious people in their field. Answer: Marvel Legends
- What Hawaiian sugar company built a ditch to send water to its sugar fields in 1907, an engineering marvel that stands to this day? Answer: Kekaha
- Set during the Atomic Age following World War II, what MCU series, which aired for two seasons on ABC in 2015 and 2016, starred Hayley Atwell in the title role Answer: Agent Carter
- What actress was nominated for a 2021 Primetime Emmy for playing the title character in the MCU Disney+ series "WandaVision?" Answer: Elizabeth Olsen
- Even though you can't huff it off a rag, the Reality Stone that almost destroyed Jane Foster has what A-word or E-word name in Asgard? Answer: Aether / Ether
- In the MCU, Samuel L. Jackson plays what head of the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization, who also led the initiative to found the Avengers? Answer: Nick Fury
- In Marvel comics, Tania Belinskaya, who became a talented neurosurgeon at a young age, is the alter ego of what superhero with a "shiny" name? Answer: Starlight
- In the 2014 film “Guardians of The Galaxy”, what is the mononymous name of Star-Lord’s ship which shares its name with the surname of the character’s childhood crush on the actor who played Samantha Micelli on “Who’s The Boss”? Answer: The "Milano"
- What exoplanet is the native home of Thanos, which shares its name with the largest moon of Saturn? Answer: Titan
- Played by James Spader on film, what Marvel supervillain originated as an artificial intelligence peacekeeping program by Tony Stark, which developed sentience and decided that humanity was Earth's greatest threat? Answer: Ultron
- Stormbreaker is the name of the enchanted weapon used by which character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Answer: Thor Odinson
- In the beginning of “Iron Man 3”, it is revealed that Tony Stark’s future nemesis, Aldrick Killian, is the owner of A.I.M., which stands for what three-word scientific organization? Answer: Advanced Idea Mechanics
- What Las Vegas hotel and casino, opened in 1993 and owned by Phil Ruffin, is home to the Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N, and used to have a giant sign of a skeleton head wearing pirate garb? Its name is the same as a Robert Louis Stevenson book. Answer: Treasure Island
- What colorful MCU character first appeared in “Avengers: Age Of Ultron” as a female resident of Sokovia who opposes the heroes with her magical powers, only to join the team after Ultron’s villainy is revealed to her? Answer: Scarlet Witch
- In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Doctor Strange is able to depend upon what manservant for advice, co-super heroics, or just a witty joke? Answer: Wong
- Kathryn Hahn's exaggerated wink as witch Agatha Harkness on what Disney+ Marvel TV series became a top meme in 2021? Answer: WandaVision
- What 2021 “I” Marvel Comic book, about Mystique’s faltering loyalty to the X-Council, has a title reminiscent of Dante? Answer: Inferno
- When Richard Rider discovers the helmet of a recently deceased space cop, he gains super strength and flight powers and becomes what Marvel Comics hero? His name is also a term for a star demonstrating a brief period of brightness. Answer: Nova
- When his family disappeared during Thanos’ snap, as seen in “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Avengers: Endgame”, Hawkeye began killing criminals under what new name? The was also used to refer to a samurai without a master during feudal Japan. Answer: Ronin
- “Hawkeye” on Disney+ saw the official introduction of what crime boss character, played by Vincent D’Onofrio, to the MCU, after he played the same character on the Netflix “Daredevil” show? Real name Wilson Fisk, the character’s nickname is a word meaning a person essential to an organization. Answer: Kingpin
- Spoiler alert: the post-credit sequence of "The Eternals" introduces Harry Styles as Thanos's brother Starfox, also known by the name of what arousing Greek god? Answer: Eros
- An apt place for a dude who fights Frost Giants, Tønsberg, Norway was the final home for what Tesseract-wielding guy after Loki banished him from Asgard? Answer: Odin
- In order to save the life of stunt driver Crash Simpson, Johnny Blaze allows himself to be bonded with a demon that turns him into a spirit of vengeance with a blazing skull. This is the plot of what Marvel Comic, starting in 1972? Answer: Ghost Rider
- What follows “Operation” in the name of the 1942 Anglo-American invasion of French North Africa? This word is also part of the name of a member of Marvel Comic’s Fantastic Four. Answer: Torch
- What decade was the majority of the 2019 film "Captain Marvel" set in? Answer: the 90s
- At Universal Studios Orlando, a series of themed islands that connect a Marvel park, Harry Potter Land, as well as Jurassic Park attractions, is referred to as the Islands Of ______. Fill in the one word “A” blank, an unusual or exciting activity, like the ones undertaken by Huckleberry Finn. Answer: Islands Of Adventure
- What "x-traordinary" superhero team, who had an eight-movie series that spanned 20 years and ended with "New Mutants," can now become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, thanks to Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox? Answer: X-men
- Hayley Atwell played what 1940s agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a mid-2010’s live action TV show, as well as playing an animated alternate Captain America in “What If?” In “Captain America: Civil War,” Steve Rogers attended her funeral. Answer: Agent Carter
- Ask Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan: as of 2022, the tallest and largest Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design-certified building in the United States is what art deco Big Apple marvel? Answer: Empire State Building
- Although it originally belonged to Loki, who did Thanos have to kill in order to retrieve the yellow mindstone in Avengers: Infinity War? Answer: Vision
- Bucky Barnes, who now has his own Disney+ show alongside The Falcon, is known by what two-word superhero name? Answer: Winter Soldier
- What comic book company published the original "Star Wars" comic book series that ran from 1977 to 1987, and included 107 issues and three annuals? Answer: Marvel
- 2021’s “Eternals” marked the MCU debut of what Academy Award-winning director, who won Best Director and Best Director for 2020’s “Nomadland?” Answer: Chloe Zhao
- Once a peaceable librarian, Kamo Tharnn found a magical artifact that made him go power-mad and become The Possessor, an enemy of what shiny Marvel Comics superhero? Answer: Silver Surfer
- There is a meme from a 1960s cartoon of three different versions of what Marvel superhero pointing at each other? It was recreated in a 2018 animated film, and referenced in promotional material for a 2021 film. Answer: Spider-Man
- In the MCU’s “Guardians Of The Galaxy” franchise, Dave Bautista plays Drax The ______, a green alien who has dedicated his life to being strong enough to kill Ronan The Accuser. Fill in the one word blank, a “D” word also used to describe a small warship that is used against submarines and aircraft. Answer: Drax The Destroyer
- What red-headed character had a fondness for the Hulk, which resulted in a kiss in "Avengers: The Age of Ultron?" Answer: Black Widow
- 2022 saw the MCU debut, on Disney+, of what lunar anti-hero, played by Oscar Isaac, a white-clad hero struggling with mental issues and his connection to an Egyptian god? Answer: Moon Knight
- In “Ant-Man” and “Ant-Man And The Wasp”, what Hollywood legend plays Hank Pym, a now retired hero who offers advice and technological prowess to Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang? Answer: Michael Douglas
- What actor starred in the DC "Batman" movies of the 80s and early 90s, but also went on to play a villain in Sony's "Spider-Man: Homecoming," which is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Answer: Michael Keaton
- Who plays Hawkeye's new sidekick, Kate Bishop, in the Disney + series, "Hawkeye?" Answer: Hailee Steinfeld
- “Spider-Man: No Way Home” featured the surprise MCU debut of what colorfully monstrous villain, played by Willem Dafoe, who featured prominently in an earlier “Spider-Man” film trilogy? Answer: Green Goblin
- Marvel and Disney+’s “Moon Knight” features a villainous turn from what actor as Arthur Harrow? He is better known to traditional film fans for starring in Richard Linklater’s “Before Sunrise” and in 2001’s “Training Day” opposite Denzel Washington. Answer: Ethan Hawke
- In the “Thor” series of MCU films, Natalie Portman plays Jane ______, a scientist and Thor’s love interest. Fill in the one word “F” last name blank, also a term describing the act of raising a child that is not biologically yours, or the name of a “Farms” company that sells chicken. Answer: Jane Foster
- In 2021’s “The Eternals”, Don Lee plays an Eternal strongman who cares for Angelina Jolie’s Thena. What is the “G” name of Lee’s character, also the name of an ancient Mesopotamian king of myth who travelled alongside Enkidu in order to find an herb that would conquer death? Answer: Gilgamesh
- In "Iron Man 2", what chemical did Natasha Romanoff inject Nick Fury with in an attempt to halt his palladium poisoning? Answer: Lithium dioxide
- In Avengers: Endgame (2019), which character is able to lift Thor’s hammer? Answer: Captain America
- In Iron Man 2, it would have been helpful for Tony Stark to know that Pepper Potts is allergic to which fruit? Answer: Strawberries
- As seen in 2012’s The Avengers, the original MCU Avengers team consisted of six superheros – as of 2022, who is the only one of these six not to have had their own standalone movie? Answer: Hawkeye (Clint Baton)
- At over 3 hours long, Avengers: Endgame is the film with the longest runtime in the Marvel Cinematic Universe - which 2021 film, with a run time of 2 hours and 36 minutes, has the second longest? Answer: Eternals
- After Tony Stark buys her some in Iron Man 2, Pepper Potts reveals that she is allergic to what fruit? Answer: Strawberries
- Before his death in 2018, Stan Lee famously made cameo appearances in all the MCU movies - which movie, in which he appeared as a digitally de-aged car driver, marked his final cameo appearance? Answer: Avengers: Endgame
- The first MCU movie with nudity, “Love and Thunder” is the subtitle of the upcoming fourth film revolving around what hammered title hero? Answer: thordea
- When we meet Benedict Cumberbatch’s “Doctor Strange” in the 2016 film, we see that he’s not just any MD—he’s a brainy surgeon. What’s his medical specialty? Answer: Neurosurgery
- In June 2022, Rolling Stone released a list of the 50 greatest superhero movies of all time. Avengers: Endgame came in fourth, Spider-Man 2 came in second. The number one film was praised for "prov(ing) that superhero movies could be about something more than just entertainment — they could reflect, refract, and represent the real world around us while still transporting us to some other place entirely." What MCU film came in at #1? Answer: Black Panther
- Before she became known as S.H.I.E.L.D agent Maria Hill, which Canadian actress played Robin, one of Ted’s on-again-off-again romances on “How I Met Your Mother?” Answer: Cobie Smulders
- Before taking on the role of Vision, which London-born actor was the voice of JARVIS in “Iron Man” and “Avengers?” Answer: Paul Bettany
- Presumably not a favorite amongst arachnophobes, Cate Shortland became the first woman to direct a movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe when she took the helm for which 2021 release? Answer: Black Widow
- As well as directing "Thor: Ragnarok", Taika Waititi played the left head of which character? Answer: Hajo
- What was the two-word nickname given to Monica Rambeau by Carol Danvers? Answer: Lieutenant Trouble
- Each Infinity Stone in the MCU embodies and controls an essential aspect of existence - how many of these stones are there? Answer: Six
- Eddie Brock serves as the host to which character from Sony's Spider-Man Universe who made a cameo appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe during a post-credit scene in 2021? Answer: Venom
What makes Marvel movie trivia so engaging?
Is it the never-ending list of characters?
The intricate storylines?
Or the mind-blowing action sequences?
We think it's a combination of all three.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a massive, ever-expanding beast.
And, with new movies and shows being released all the time, it is tough to keep up.
That's where we come in.
Where can you find the best Marvel trivia for kids?
You already know the answer to that.
Water Cooler Trivia, of course!
We have hand-picked the best Marvel trivia questions for kids, so you don't need to.
We can send new trivia quizzes straight to your inbox every week.
With the release of new shows like WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, we have to keep our trivia game on-point.
You can have Marvel trivia questions delivered straight to your inbox at the click of a button.
Get started with a free four-week trial today!