Are you looking for the ultimate source of television trivia questions?
From classic sitcoms to more modern dramas, there is plenty to get quizzed about.
We're currently in the golden age of television, with new shows being released all the time.
And, as any true TV fan knows, with each new show comes a whole host of new trivia questions to test your knowledge.
If you consider yourself a TV expert, then put your knowledge to the test with our ultimate TV trivia quiz.
Whether you're looking for questions about your favorite show or just general entertainment trivia, we've got you covered.
Before we dive into the TV trivia questions and answers, we want to tell you a bit about Water Cooler Trivia.
Water Cooler Trivia is the best platform for television trivia questions.
We've got questions about classic sitcoms, modern dramas, and everything in between.
And with new shows being released all the time, we're always adding new trivia to our platform.
If you love TV as much as we do, then put your knowledge to the test with our TV trivia quizzes.
If you're open to taking Water Cooler Trivia for a test drive, you can sign up for a four-week free trial.
153 TV Trivia Questions (From Classic Sitcoms To Modern Dramas)
- What musical TV show initially ran from 1989 to 1999 and featured artists performing pared-down sets of original tracks and covers? Nirvana's set was arguably the most famous during the show's tenure. Answer: MTV Unplugged
- Carrie Brownstein was one of three main members of the heavily influential all-female rock band Sleater-Kinney. Her fame was revived via what comedy TV show launched in 2011 and set in the Northwest U.S.? Answer: Portlandia
- Actress Emily Deschanel of the TV show "Bones" has an actress sister Zooey of "New Girl" fame. What is the name of Zooey Deschanel’s pronoun-laden music duo with M. Ward? Answer: She & Him
- What American TV show from the 1970s and 1980s still holds the record for the most watched finale ever with more than 100 million households tuning in? Answer: M*A*S*H
- Fuller House, a sequel to the television show Full House, aired on which direct-to-consumer content streaming platform? Answer: Netflix
- On the TV show "Orange is the New Black," what is Piper Chapman convicted of? Answer: Money Laundering
- A leveret is a small type of what animal? Buster Baxter from the children's TV show "Arthur" is also this type of animal Answer: Rabbit
- What breakout 2016 TV show featured the protagonists playing the Expert version of Dungeons & Dragons in one of the main characters' basement? Answer: Stranger Things
- "I was following my path... God led you to me", said the "Trinity killer" in an episode of what serial-killer-focused TV show? Answer: Dexter
- In an episode of “Friends” in which the characters play poker together, which character folded a pair of jacks because the “didn’t look happy”? Answer: Phoebe
- Michael Crichton (of Jurassic Park fame) wrote and directed a 1973 western science fiction movie that was the first film to use digital image processing. The movie's resurgence as a 2010s TV show catapulted the story back into fame. What is the name of this movie and TV show? Answer: Westworld
- In the children's TV show Blue's Clues, the characters Mr. Salt and Mrs. Peppers have two children. Give either of their "spicy" names, from either the original or the reboot. Answer: Paprika or Cinnamon or Sage or Ginger
- What is the History Channel series that has featured adventurous drivers take the wheel while embarking on Alaska's Dalton Highway or Canada's frozen lakes? Answer: Ice Road Truckers
- What 1999 TV show featured James Franco, Seth Rogen, and Jason Segel as teenagers and was set in Chippewa, Michigan in the 1980s? For those scouring a census, Chippewa is a fictional suburb or a Detroit. Answer: Freaks and Geeks
- Since its inception, Saturday Night Live has broadcast from what alphanumeric studio within NBC's headquarters at 30 Rockefeller Plaza? Answer: Studio 8H
- Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane is a fictional character who acts as both a serial killer and bodyguard of Cersei Lannister on what HBO drama? Answer: Game of Thrones
- What Canadian author, poet, and environmentalist with a "forested" name reached new levels of fame in 2017 after her award-winning 1985 dystopian political novel was released as a smash-hit television series on Hulu? Answer: Margaret Atwood
- Creator Larry David had a famous policy for Seinfeld in which he wanted to scrupulously avoid sentimentality and moral lessons. What four-word phrase is the quote often attributed to David as the summary of this policy? Answer: No hugging no learning
- Originally conceived by its eponymous founder as a place for choral music without religious affiliation, what famed music venue in Toronto was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1981? The venue shares its name with an American actor, dancer, and rapper who reached childhood fame with his role on "That's So Raven." Answer: Massey Hall
- What common bond is shared by all of these TV shows in 2019: The Big Bang Theory, Salvation, Elementary, Timeless, The Kids Are Alright, The Fix, and Gotham? Answer: They were announced as cancelled (final season)
- "Fast Forward" and "Roadblock" are both types of tasks in what reality TV series that has aired in the U.S. since 2001? Answer: Amazing Race
- An hour-long American reality TV show that aired from 2000 to 2008 on TLC was based on a BBC TV series named "Changing Rooms." What was the name of the American show? Answer: Trading Spaces
- In the critically-acclaimed TV show "Atlanta," what is the name of Donald Glover's rapper cousin? His name is shared with a common adolescent job from the 20th century. Answer: Paper Boi
- Although Georgia has had fewer contestants on American Idol than neighboring states North Carolina and Alabama, the Peach State is the home state of which famous host of the show? Answer: Ryan Seacrest
- What Toronto-born actor and producer famously holds the role of BoJack Horseman in the animated TV series of the same name and George Oscar Bluth II in the critically acclaimed TV show Arrested Development? Answer: Will Arnett
- In 2017, Canadian actor Thomas Middleditch signed on as the spokesperson for Verizon Wireless ads. He is most famous, however, for his televised appearance as Richard Hendricks on what tech-y HBO series named after the California location in which it is set? Answer: Silicon Valley
- In "Beverly Hills, 90210," main characters Brandon and Brenda shared what last name? Answer: Walsh
- Brian Griffin is a fictional character from an American television series voiced by Seth MacFarlane. He's also an anthropomorphic dog. On what show does Brian Griffin prominently feature? Answer: Family Guy
- Some reality TV shows follow a documentary-like format, such as the four-letter show that is generally regarded as the longest-running reality show, running from 1989 to 2020. What is this show? Answer: Cops
- Tinky-Winky, Dipsy, Laa Laa, and Po are the four members of what British TV group? Answer: Teletubbies
- What is the name of the 2019 American television show released on HBO which narrates the formative experiences of friendships, relationships, identity and trauma among a group of high school students? The show famously stars Hunter Schafer and Zendaya; the latter won a 2020 Emmy for her performance in the Best Lead Actress in a Drama category and is the youngest recipient of this award. Answer: Euphoria
- The American game show "Password" paired a celebrity and a contestant as they attempted to use single-word clues to guess a mystery word. The show ran from 1961 to 1975 and after it stopped airing, at least two different variations revived the format in the 1980s. With only one guess, name either of these re-boots. Answer: Password Plus and Super Password
- In the classic 1990s series "Animaniacs," what was the name of the Warner Sister? Answer: Dot
- The Great Northern Hotel of Snoqualmie, Washington, was the home base of FBI agent Dale Cooper on what 1990s TV drama? Answer: Twin Peaks
- Bravo turned away from performing arts, drama, and indie films in the early 2000s to focus on pop culture and reality shows. This makeover "started" in 2003 with the launch of what reality series? Answer: Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
- Orlando mom Jessica Huang invents a Chinese scientist version of Santa Claus called Lao Ban Santa, on what ABC sitcom? Answer: Fresh Off the Boat
- What 2014 Liane Moriarty novel is set in Australia, although its HBO TV adaptation moved the setting to Monterey, California? Answer: Big Little Lies
- At the end of the introduction for The Brady Bunch, when all nine of the show's main characters appear on screen in a 3x3 grid, what character occupies the center square? Answer: Alice
- A robber of drug dealers, Omar Little was the favorite character of former President Barack Obama on what HBO series? Answer: The Wire
- Paunch Burger is a fictional fast-food chain that fills the bellies of Pawnee residents on what sitcom? Answer: Parks and Recreation
- UK Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has called for a "fiction" label to be placed on what Netflix drama, citing inaccurate portrayals of the royal family? Answer: The Crown
- What game show smash hit of the early 2000s was revived by NBC in 2020, with actress Jane Lynch taking over for Anne Robinson as the show's sarcastic host? Answer: Weakest Link
- Bandersnatch, a 2018 film where viewers can make choices for the characters on screen, was produced as part of what dystopian sci-fi Netflix series? Answer: Black Mirror
- The HGTV show Fixer Upper focuses on married home renovators Chip and Johanna Gaines as they redesign houses in and around what Texas city, which is also home to Baylor University? Answer: Waco
- In 2014, actress Laverne Cox became the first openly transgender person to be nominated for an Emmy Award in an acting category for her work on what Netflix comedy-drama? Answer: Orange is the New Black
- What actor is the longest-tenured cast member in the history of Saturday Night Live? He joined the show in 2003 and is still a regular cast member today. Answer: Kenan Thompson
- Burger Beard, also known as Painty the Pirate, sings the theme song to what long-running and frequently meme-able animated TV series? Answer: SpongeBob SquarePants
- What is the name of Cartoon Network's first animated series that was created solely by a woman? The show focuses on its titular main character as he lives with magical humanoid aliens known as the Crystal Gems. The show's setting of Beach City was loosely based off Delaware's Rehoboth, Bethany, and Dewey Beaches. Answer: Steven Universe
- The series Frasier was a spinoff from the hit show Cheers which depicted the life of character Frasier Crane after he moved from Boston to what Western US city? Answer: Seattle
- Born in Barranquilla, Colombia, actress Sofia Vergara starred from 2009-2020 as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on what ABC sitcom? Answer: Modern Family
- What American TV program is based on the Swedish reality show "Expedition Robinson"? Answer: Survivor
- What '90s sitcom's title character met Will Smith in an elevator in the episode "I'm With the Band?" Answer: Blossom
- What green "Sesame Street" muppet was orange in the show's first season? The show explained the change with a story about the character visiting Swamp Mushy Muddy and coming back a different color. Answer: Oscar the Grouch
- On "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" Nick Bakay voiced a talking cat named for what New England city? Answer: Salem
- Muck the Dump Truck and Dizzy the Cement Mixer are friends of the hard-hat-wearing title character of what kids' animated series? Answer: Bob the Builder
- What long-running tabloid talk television show is the source of the most famous paternity test moments in TV history? Every segment ends with "You are the Father" or "You are not the Father." Answer: Maury
- Before cohosting the Teen Choice Awards in 2019, Lucy Hale had already won seven of them for her role as Aria Montgomery on what ABC Family series? Answer: Pretty Little Liars
- A fictionalized version of the Baltimore Sun newsroom is a frequently-used set on the fifth and final season of what acclaimed HBO drama series? Answer: The Wire
- What short-lived 1990s ABC sitcom starring Margaret Cho as the title character was the first network sitcom to feature an Asian-American family? Answer: All-American Girl
- Created by Hrishikesh Hirway in 2014, what is the name of the music podcast that "deconstructs" individual songs into component parts while discussing the creative process with the artist who recorded the song? The podcast also was translated to television with a 2020 Netflix program. Answer: Song Exploder
- What is the name of the 1960s sitcom with a namesake star best known for his portrayal of a chimney sweep with a British accent? The show was an aesthetic inspiration for the first episode of 2021's WandaVision Answer: The Dick Van Dyke Show
- In a second season episode titled "Drug Testing," Dwight does not realize that Creed correctly identifies the Northern Lights strain of marijuana. This is an episode of what popular television program? Answer: The Office
- What NBC comedy created by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock featuring Ted Danson as a prominent California city's leader has an episode entitled "The Sac" and revolves around a visit to the state's halls of policymaking? Answer: Mr. Mayor
- William Zabka and Ralph Macchio reunited with Wilmington-born Elisabeth Shue when she reprised her role as Ali Mills on the third season of what Netflix show that was based on Karate Kid films from decades earlier? Answer: Cobra Kai
- What word means the following two things? Will's bestie on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," and the NBA team whose All-Stars include Donovan Mitchell. Answer: Jazz
- Voice actor Shinichiro Ohta is best known for his breathless floor reporting on the dishes whipped up for what TV competition? Answer: Iron Chef
- Dave Hester, Darrell Sheets, Jarrod Schulz, and Barry Weiss were the original buyers at storage unit auctions on TV show "Storage Wars", which first aired in 2010 on what network? Answer: A&E
- Laci Mosley will be playing Miranda Cosgrove's roommate on an upcoming reboot of what teen sitcom about a webshow? Answer: iCarly
- "Thank You for Being a Friend" was the theme song to what classic TV series that starred Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan, and Estelle Getty? Answer: The Golden Girls
- A spinoff of "Maude," which was in turn a spinoff of "All in the Family," what 1970s TV show was one of the first sitcoms to feature a Black American family, the Evanses? Answer: Good Times
- On "The Bachelor," the Bachelor gives what flower to contestants whom he wants to stick around for the next episode? Answer: rose
- What 2000s sci-fi series starred Jennifer Garner as CIA agent Sydney Bristow, who had to hide the nature of her job from her friends and family? Answer: Alias
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys played KGB agents masquerading as married Washington, DC couple Philip and Elizabeth Jennings, in what TV series that first aired in 2013? Answer: The Americans
- The Beatles song "With a Little Help from My Friends" was the theme song for what classic ABC sitcom, which followed the coming of age of young Kevin Arnold? Answer: The Wonder Years
- New York City's Magnolia Bakery experienced a surge in popularity after Carrie and Miranda visited for a snack on Season 3 of what HBO series? Answer: Sex and the City
- "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose," was Coach Eric Taylor's exhortation to his Dillon Panthers football players on what TV drama series? Answer: Friday Night Lights
- What raspy-voiced actor played counterterrorist agent Jack Bauer on the long-running Fox series "24?" Answer: Kiefer Sutherland
- The sister of what iconic pop singer starred on the Nickelodeon series "Zoey 101?" Answer: Britney Spears
- "Wheel of Fortune" has aired over 7,000 episodes and MANY of those have had the same host and co-host: Pat Sajak and Vanna White. As of April 2021, how old is Vanna White? We'll accept responses within two of the correct answer. Answer: 64 (b. February 18th 1957)
- Ask Rihanna: what is the name of the comic book series written by Gerard Way that was adapted into a Netflix series that debuted in 2019? Answer: The Umbrella Academy
- The HBO TV series "Succession" centers around one powerful family. What is the galactic-sounding name of their company? Answer: Waystar Royco
- In the 1988 series finale of St. Elsewhere, it is heavily implied that the entire series was in the mind of Tommy Westphall, who spends all day staring at what object? Answer: A snow globe
- What is the name of the 1990s Cartoon Network cartoon that, as of April 2021, has a live action pilot in production featuring the titular characters as disillusioned 20-somethings? Answer: The Powerpuff Girls
- In 2021, Disney Channel started airing the suspense/time travel series “Secrets Of ______ Springs”, starring Elle Graham and Kyliegh Curran. Fill in the blank, also an element with atomic number 16, sometimes referred to as brimstone. Answer: sulphur
- Born and raised in Toronto as the sixth of seven, who is the actress, comedian, and writer that famously starred as the mother of Kevin McAllister in "Home Alone" and more recently became an Emmy-winning star of "Schitt's Creek"? Answer: Catherine O'Hara
- What popular two word cable TV channel, owned by Discovery, offers shows such as “Chopped” and “Iron Chef America?” Answer: Food Network
- The "Delco accent" emulated by Kate Winslet in a 2021 HBO show has been widely acclaimed as a well-performed representative example of a very challenging Philadelphia accent. What is this show in which Winslet stars? Answer: Mare of Easttown
- Named after the 25th President, William McKinley High School for the Performing Arts is the fictional setting for many scenes from what singing-and-dancing TV series? Answer: Glee
- Played by Ty Burrell, Phil Dunphy is a real estate agent on what sitcom whose final episode aired in April 2020? Answer: Modern Family
- A multi-million-dollar home in North Caldwell, New Jersey frequently served as the set for scenes from what HBO drama that aired from 1999 to 2007? Answer: The Sopranos
- What late 80s/early 90s sitcom focused on widowed newscaster Danny Tanner, who has his friends Joey and Jesse move into his San Francisco house to help take care of his three children? Answer: Full House
- Ashton Kutcher asks wife Mila Kunis, who has a tell-tale orange stain around her mouth, whether she's stolen his snacks in a 2021 Super Bowl commercial for what brand? Answer: Cheetos
- What female Smurf was created by the evil Gargamel in order to spy on the blue folks, and to sow discord amongst them? She later joined the Smurfs for real as a friend. Answer: Smurfette
- What Brian played David Silver on “Beverly Hills 90210”, as well as appearing in “The Sarah Connor Chronicles” and “Anger Management?” Answer: Brian Austin Green
- Subtitled “The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City”, Nelson Johnson’s 2002 book chronicling the life of crime boss Enoch L. Johnson inspired the creation of what HBO series in 2010? Answer: Boardwalk Empire
- “Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll.” were the first words spoken on what cable channel that launched at 12:01am on August 1, 1981? Answer: MTV
- On the '90s CBS sitcom “The Nanny”, what character portrayed by Charles Shaughnessy is occasionally mocked for passing on the rare opportunity to produce the Broadway hit “Cats” because he initially thought it was a ridiculous idea? Answer: Maxwell Sheffield
- Played mostly unseen by Earl Hindman, what is the name of the neighbor Tim Taylor frequently turned to for words of wisdom on the ABC sitcom "Home Improvement"? Answer: Wilson
- Regularly ranked among the greatest Britcoms of all time, "AbFab" is short for what fashion-forward TV series that debuted in 1992? Answer: Absolutely Fabulous
- Played by Doug Savant, Matt Fielding was a social worker who eventually became a medical doctor on what 1990s drama series? Answer: Melrose Place
- Mark Hamill was a featured voice actor, while Kevin Conroy voiced what titular hero in a popular Fox animated kids show that later spawned its own movie spin-off? Answer: Batman: The Animated Series
- Unable to welcome fans due to the COVID-19 pandemic, what NFL team packed its bleachers for a September 2020 home game with cardboard cutouts of all 1,800 "South Park" characters? Answer: Denver Broncos
- A 1993-1996 NBC science fiction drama starring Roy Scheider as the captain of a sophisticated submarine in the future is ______ DSV. Fill in the compound word blank, which implies a mission in the ocean. Answer: Seaquest DSV
- Played by LeVar Burton, Lieutenant Geordi La Forge wore a VISOR, a curved device worn over the face like sunglasses, to restore his vision on which TV series in the "Star Trek" franchise? Answer: The Next Generation
- Played by Rose McGowan on the show, Paige Matthews is a witch who ends up getting a degree in social work on what fantasy TV series? Answer: Charmed
- What 90’s ABC sitcom followed Cory Matthews and Shawn Hunter as they navigated life and school from the 6th grade through college, with the help of Mr. Feeney? Answer: Boy Meets World
- Fifteen years before his Oscar-winning turn in "The King's Speech," what actor had an iconic performance as Mr. Darcy in the 1995 BBC adaptation of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice?" Answer: Colin Firth
- Cheech Marin and Don Cheadle joined Betty White, Rue McClanahan, and Estelle Getty on "The Golden Palace," a short-lived '90s spin-off of what sunsetting sitcom? Answer: The Golden Girls
- The sketch "Modern Mother and Daughter" by Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders was the basis for what wildly successful Britcom whose first episode aired in 1992? Answer: Absolutely Fabulous
- Kelsey Grammer is probably best known for playing what uptight psychologist, who moved to Seattle to host a radio call-in show and hang out with brother Niles and Dad Martin in a 1990's spin-off? Answer: Frasier Crane
- There are more than five working under Eric Adams, but on "Spin City" Michael J. Fox's character was the only deputy mayor of what major American city? Answer: New York City
- Vonda Shepard's "Searchin' My Soul" was the theme song to what '90s legal comedy set at the law firm of Cage and Fish? Answer: Ally McBeal
- Though the opening credits feature Alamo Square Park's Painted Ladies, "Comet's Excellent Adventure" was the only episode of "Full House" shot on location in what West Coast city where the show was set? Answer: San Francisco
- What TV series was David Hasselhoff starring in when he sang at the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989? Answer: Baywatch
- What TV series, which began in 1998, had Paula Cole's "I Don't Want to Wait" as a theme song? Answer: Dawson's Creek
- Premiering on Christmas 2020 on Netflix, what Shondaland series concerns eight close-knit siblings trying to find love in Regency-era London? Answer: Bridgerton
- Alex Dimitriades and Katherine Halliday starred as students at an inner-city Sydney school on the first season of what alliteratively named 1990s Australian teen drama? Answer: Heartbreak High
- ABC’s “Dinosaurs” was a unique family sitcom about animatronic ancient reptiles who still went to work and had family troubles. The animatronic puppets were designed by the studio of what famous puppeteer, better known for creating famous muppets like Kermit The Frog? Answer: Jim Henson
- Reflecting the name of its founder, what TV production company is behind such popular offerings as "Bridgerton," "Grey's Anatomy," "Scandal," and "How to Get Away With Murder?" Answer: Shondaland
- Modeled after a famous European competition that has gone on for more than 60 years, what new NBC reality show features musical acts from all 50 states, five U.S. territories, and Washington, D.C.? Answer: American Song Contest
- Beginning in 1991, Dame Helen Mirren played Detective Chief Inspector Jane Tennison on what BBC police procedural drama? Answer: Prime Suspect
- What Star Trek series followed Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and also shared its name with a space probe launched by NASA in 1977? (Hint: Star Trek: ______) Answer: Star Trek: Voyager
- Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, and other soldiers and scientists explore the universe through an ancient portal on ______ SG-1, a science fiction show that started on Showtime in 1997. Fill in the one word blank, also the name of a 1994 Roland Emmerich film upon which the show is based. Answer: Stargate SG-1
- What TV show did Michael J. Fox star in at the same time as filming "Back to the Future," resulting in 16 hour work days for two months? Answer: Family Ties
- What 90s TV show features the theme song, "Closer to Free," by the BoDeans, which made it into the Billboard Top 100, peaking at number 16 in the US? Answer: Party of Five
- What 2022 anthology series, based on a 2018 Cecelia Ahern short story collection, stars Nicole Kidman, Alison Brie, and shares its name with the sound a lion makes? Answer: Roar
- Lucy Lawless starred as what famous Warrior Princess on an epic path to redemption? This 6-season cult classic action series was first released in 1995. Answer: Xena
- Known in its original language as "Casa de Papel", what 5-season Netflix drama follows The Professor's plan to steal billions of euros from the Royal Mint? We're looking for TWO words here. Answer: Money Heist
- In the TV sitcom "Friends", Phoebe Buffay had an identical twin sister named Ursula. On what other popular sitcom did the character of Ursula appear? Answer: Mad About You
- A 90’s Cartoon Network cartoon, about a scared dog who has to save his oblivious farm family from surreal and creepy threats, is “______ The Cowardly Dog.” Fill in the one word “C” blank, fittingly the ability to do something that is frightening. Answer: Courage The Cowardly Dog
- A streaming sitcom, available on Peacock in the US and All 4 in the UK, about an all-female Muslim punk band, is known as “We Are ______ Parts.” Fill in the one word “L” blank, also the name of a dog who falls in love with Tramp in a Disney animated classic. Answer: We Are Lady Parts
- What 1990s sci-fi TV show featured Jerry O’Connell as a scientist who invents inter-dimensional travel, but ends up getting himself and a group of people lost, going from dimension to dimension ever week? The “S” name of the show is also the plural term for tiny cheeseburgers that some restaurants sell. Answer: Sliders
- Half-brothers Lucas and Nathan Scott live in a fictional North Carolina town in what teen drama that aired on The WB and The CW from 2003 to 2012? Answer: One Tree Hill
- Better known as the Cigarette Smoking Man, Carl Gerhard Busch was one of the primary antagonists in which wildly-popular science fiction drama? Answer: The X-Files
- "The X-Files" episode “Piper Maru” was named after the daughter of which of the show’s stars? Answer: Gillian Anderson
- What popular Netflix crime drama series has a logo whose Z has been stylized to look like a dollar sign, a hint to the money laundering being done by Jason Bateman's and Laura Linney's characters? Answer: Ozark
- In the film “Halloween,” the mask worn by Michael Myers was made by spray painting a prop mask of which “Star Trek” captain? Answer: Kirk
- The original British version of which game show, international variants of which have been broadcast in over 150 countries, was first broadcast on September 04, 1998 on the ITV network? The maximum prize in this game show is won by correctly answering 15 consecutive multiple-choice questions. Answer: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- He played the Sheffield’s bantering, British butler on “The Nanny,” but Daniel Davis was actually born in Arkansas. What was his character’s name on the show? Answer: Niles
- Nickelodeon’s animated series “Rocko’s Modern Life” premiered in 1993. Even though Rocko and his friends lived in O-Town and not Funkytown, which band sang the show’s theme song starting in season two? Answer: The B-52's
- In 1997, Cartoon Network started showcasing Japanese animation on weekday afternoons. Home to Space Ghost, Sailor Moon, Johnny Quest, and a robot named T.O.M., what name did the channel give the action-packed programming block? Answer: Toonami
- Before taking on the role of Dr. Jennifer Melfi, which actress was originally asked to play “The Sopranos” matriarch, Carmela? Answer: Lorraine Bracco
- In television writing, “Mandyville” is where characters are said to go when they’re written off the show without explanation (usually when an actor decides to leave—or gets fired). The term was cointed after Moira Kelly (and her character Mandy) left which show after the first season? Answer: The West Wing
- West Baltimore's McCulloh Homes is a housing project that was used as a filming site for scenes with the Barksdale crew on what acclaimed HBO series? Answer: The Wire
- Running from 2009 to 2015, which single-word TV show was centered around a fictional school, whose principalsincluded Principal Figgins, Will Schuester, and Sue Sylvester? Answer: Glee
- Also the name adopted by Janine Renard, the leader of "The Pack" in the TV show Gargoyles, what animal is the first name of Agent Mulder in the X-Files? Answer: Fox
- Which 2001 HBO show starring Frances Conroy, Micheal C. Hall, Peter Krause, and Lauren Ambrose, told the story of the Fisher family and their funeral home in LA? Answer: Six Feet Under
- For the last 24 years (1998-2022) the Emmy Award for Best Variety Show has gone to a show hosted by David Letterman, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, or John Oliver. Frankly, not a lot of "variety." Who starred in (and lent her name) to the sketch comedy show that won this award in 1997? Answer: Tracey Ullman
- "The Carlton" dance became famous because of its recurrence on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". The character of Carlton Banks was portrayed by Alfonso Ribeiro, who would dance comedically to what well known song by Tom Jones? Answer: It's Not Unusual
- What is the "terran" name of the 2006 BBC 11-part miniseries, the most expensive nature documentary ever commissioned by the network, that was narrated by Sigourney Weaver in its American version? Answer: Planet Earth
- Jerry Garcia Conner was born to Roseanne and Dan Conner in season 8 of the hit show "Roseanne". He is named after Jerry Garcia, who was the lead guitarist of what band? Answer: Grateful Dead
- At the start of the Fox sitcom, a man tells us that he has “made a list of everything bad I've ever done, and one by one I'm gonna make up for all my mistakes. I'm just trying to be a better person.” What’s the name of the sitcom that aired from 2005 to 2009 and starred Jason Lee as the titular character? Answer: My Name Is Earl
- What alliteratively named 2000s TV series, whose title characters were played by Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham, was set in the fictional town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut? Answer: Gilmore Girls
What makes TV trivia so engaging?
For one, there's the element of nostalgia.
Many of us grew up watching some of the sitcoms and dramas that are now considered television classics.
When we revisit these shows through trivia, it's a chance to relive some of our favorite memories.
True fans should know everything there is to know about their favorite series.
And what better way to test that knowledge than with a trivia quiz?
How can create the perfect TV trivia quiz?
Using Water Cooler Trivia, you can receive a new trivia quiz every week, straight to your inbox.
The whole process is automated, so you don't have to worry about creating the quizzes yourself.
Plus, Water Cooler Trivia is always adding new questions, so you'll never get bored.
If you're searching for the best TV trivia questions, look no further than Water Cooler Trivia.
Sure, the trivia questions above are great, but Water Cooler Trivia has even more to offer.
Every week, you'll receive a new trivia quiz, with questions about classic sitcoms, modern dramas, and everything in between.
Get started with a free four-week trial today!