Dancing is a form of expression that has been an important part of human culture for thousands of years. From traditional folk dances to contemporary styles, dancing allows us to express ourselves through movement and rhythm. Trivia questions about dancing can provide a fun and engaging way to test your knowledge and deepen your appreciation for this dynamic and diverse art form.
Whether you're a seasoned dancer or just starting to explore the world of dance, dancing trivia questions offer a glimpse into the rich history and culture of this dynamic art form. From the basics of different styles and techniques to the cultural significance of different dances, these questions can challenge you on your knowledge of dance history, theory, and performance.
23 Dancing Trivia Questions Ranked From Easiest to Hardest (Updated for 2024)
- After winning the women's all-around gymnastics gold medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, Sunisa Lee went on to foxtrot and tango on Season 30 of what ABC show?
Answer: Dancing With the Stars
- The official song of the 2010 World Cup, vuvuzelas and all, was titled “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)” and was sung by what Colombian recording artist also known for her pelvis not bearing false witness?
- In what 1987 movie does Baby Houseman fall in love with her dance instructor? We're looking for a two-word answer here.
Answer: Dirty Dancing
- Often known as "Woz" for short, what electronics engineer co-founded Apple with Steve Jobs, and also competed on Season 8 of "Dancing With the Stars?"
Answer: Steve Wozniak
- What fitness program is said to have originated in the 1990s when Colombian aerobics teacher Alberto Perez subbed salsa and merengue for his normal workout-class music?
- The movie includes a titular track from Kenny Loggins, Kevin Bacon performs much of his character's dancing, and John Lithgow leads the charge to ban dancing. All of this occurs in what 1984 film?
- What former child star and bestselling singer made headlines after a 2013 Video Music Awards in which she was "suggestively dancing" with Robin Thicke?
Answer: Miley Cyrus
- In 2021, which teen TikTok dancing queen got her own reality show on Hulu that follows her family (including her sister Dixie)?
Answer: Charli D’Amelio
- What Konami game from September 1998 was initially released to the European arcade audience under the name "Dancing Stage?"
Answer: Dance Dance Revolution
- Partnered with pro hoofer Cheryl Burke, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak famously did "the worm" during a performance on Season 8 of what reality TV series?
Answer: Dancing With the Stars
- The songs "Hey Mama" by the Black Eyed Peas, "Technologic" by Daft Punk, and "Vertigo" by U2 appear in a series of commercials featuring black silhouettes dancing in front of brightly coloured backgrounds. What product, released in 2001, were these commercials created to advertise?
- Not signifying someone smart with Lincolns, but rather a sewer-dweller, what is the name of the dancing clown in Stephen King's famed horror novel "It?"
- In a 1977 referendum to choose the national anthem, "Advance Australia Fair" won with 3 million votes; what "dancing" tune came in second, with 1.9 million votes?
Answer: Waltzing Matilda
- What ABBA song was a No. 1 hit in more than a dozen countries in 1977 and was performed at the 1976 wedding reception of King Carl XVI Gustaf's and Queen Silvia Sommerlath?
Answer: Dancing Queen
- What hall-of-fame NFL wide receiver and Dancing with the Stars champion spent his entire professional career playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers and became their all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving yards?
Answer: Hines Ward
- Best known for a piece of its music that is used to accompany can-can dancing, an 1858 opera by Jacques Offenbach concerns what Greek mythological character's journey to the underworld?
- The Dancing Bears in Space Bar is a collaboration between Vosges Haut-Chocolat and what hippie rock band that's really only down a couple of members?
Answer: Grateful Dead
- Richmond's Jackson Ward is home to a monument of Bill "Bojangles" Robinson, whose birthday is a designated national day for what loud dance style?
- Literally meaning "go ahead," what A-word means a forward step in salsa dancing?
- Referring to the first names of two 20th century, American performers, what nickname is sometimes used for the Nationale-Nederlanden building in Prague? An alternative nickname used for this building is “The Dancing House.”
Answer: Fred and Ginger
- In November 2021, what NBA guard, who began his career with the Knicks in 2011 and was on the 2016 championship Cavaliers team, won Season 30 of "Dancing With the Stars?"
Answer: Iman Shumpert
- Although she's never won a Grammy, she has won multiple Grammis—the Swedish equivalent of The Grammys—including three song of the year awards for “Be Mine” (2006), “Dancing on my Own” (2011), and “Missing U” (2019). Who is she?
- What tap-dancing legend of "Singin' in the Rain," "Summer Stock," and "An American in Paris" was born in Pittsburgh in 1912?
Answer: Gene Kelly
Play Dancing Trivia with Water Cooler Trivia
Water Cooler Trivia is well-equipped to provide you with exciting and engaging trivia quizzes.
So, how does it work?
Each week, our team will deliver original trivia quizzes straight to your inbox.
All you have to do is pick the categories.
You can leave the rest of the heavy lifting to us.
Take Water Cooler Trivia for a test run with our four-week free trial.