Welcome to our page of Idaho trivia questions! Idaho is a state known for its rugged wilderness, scenic beauty and rich history, making it a fascinating destination for trivia enthusiasts. Our selection of questions covers a wide range of topics including the state's history, culture, geography, and landmarks. Whether you're a native of Idaho or just a curious learner, our trivia questions will help you discover new and exciting information about this great state.
For those interested in the history of Idaho, our trivia questions will take you through the state's past, from its early days as a mining and farming state to the present. We also cover the state's famous landmarks such as the Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve, the Snake River and the Idaho Potato Museum. Culture enthusiasts can learn about the state's mining history, traditional customs, and local art forms.
Idaho's geography and wildlife are also an important part of the state's identity, and our questions cover information about the state's natural wonders like the Sawtooth Mountains, the Hells Canyon and the unique wildlife such as the Grizzly bear and the state bird, the Mountain Bluebird.
Our trivia questions are designed to be challenging yet entertaining, making them perfect for individuals, families, or groups of friends. Whether you're looking for a fun way to pass the time or you want to test your knowledge of Idaho, our trivia questions are sure to provide hours of entertainment.
18 Idaho Trivia Questions Ranked From Easiest to Hardest (Updated for 2024)
- What Democratic president won the 1964 election by a massive 486-52 electoral vote margin in the last election where the western states of Idaho, North Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma voted Democrat?
Answer: Lyndon B. Johnson
- Add together the number of US states and Canadian provinces that Montana borders. What is the sum?
Answer: 7 (Idaho
- A popular meme is of what actor, star of “My Own Private Idaho” and “Bill And Ted’s Excellent Adventure”, looking sad while eating a sandwich on a public bench? It’s a good way of sarcastically implying something on the internet is disappointing.
Answer: Keanu Reeves
- What two states in the continental United States do not contain a Dollar General store? We need the name of both states on this one.
Answer: Idaho and Montana
- What Canadian province's southern border lies adjacent to both Idaho and Montana?
Answer: British Columbia
- A major agricultural area., primarily producing wheat and legumes, what seven-letter "P" term is used for the geographic region of the U.S. including north central Idaho and southeastern Washington?
- The first national park in the US is often considered the first national park in the world. This park technically lies within Montana and what two other states?
Answer: Wyoming and Idaho
- Also the name of a type of white sandwich bread, what town near the Idaho border is the home of Washington State University?
- In 1993, an E.coli outbreak infected more than 700 people and killed four children in California, Idaho, Washington, and Nevada after they ate “so good it’s scary!” Monster Burgers from which chain restaurant?
Answer: Jack in the Box
- I-90 is the longest interstate highway in the U.S., covering ground from Boston to Seattle. Towards its eastern edge in Washington, it passes through Moses Lake, Sprague, Spokane, and what alliterative city located just miles from the Idaho border?
Answer: Liberty Lake
- Star garnets are a special form of garnet that display a reflection-like image of a four or six pointed star. Star garnet is very rare, and has only been found in India and what northwest U.S. state?
- Lewis and Clark's Corps of Discovery passed through the Rocky Mountains at Lemhi Pass, which crosses from what is now Montana into what bordering state?
- What range of the Rockies along the Idaho-Montana border is named for a small pink flower that is the state flower of Montana?
Answer: Bitterroot Range
- Boise State, Colorado State, and Utah State are all current members of what geographically-named conference in college athletics?
Answer: Mountain West
- An Idaho library is one of the settings of "Cloud Cuckoo Land," a 2021 novel by what author who won a Pulitzer for his earlier work "All the Light We Cannot See?"
Answer: Anthony Doerr
- What Idaho town was founded as the home of a ski resort and was created largely by the Union Pacific railway company in order to sell more tickets in the Western U.S.? The town's "bright" weather, low winds, and ample snowfall has helped keep its status as a popular vacation destination for decades.
Answer: Sun Valley
- What range of the Rocky Mountains located in central Idaho gets its name from the mountains' jagged appearance?
Answer: Sawtooth Mountains
- The lowest point in Montana is where which river exits the state in the northwest, at the Montana/Idaho border?
Answer: Kootenai River
Play Idaho Trivia with Water Cooler Trivia
Water Cooler Trivia is well-equipped to provide you with exciting and engaging trivia quizzes.
So, how does it work?
Each week, our team will deliver original trivia quizzes straight to your inbox.
All you have to do is pick the categories.
You can leave the rest of the heavy lifting to us.
Take Water Cooler Trivia for a test run with our four-week free trial.